gqcexvts 发表于 2016-9-27 01:37:06

these are served chilled 88

Maybe I had better clarify. I don't really want warm, smooth weak beer. All I'm really looking for is a suitable pint of English unhealthy, brewed and served the best way it's supposed to be. That is, reasonable in alcohol, naturally bubbly, and served at downstairs room temperature.
I have been delighted through the explosion in local breweries, and the launch of all these brand-new gastropubs with dozens of beers in tap. The arrival of so many fresh beers, and the revival connected with so many classic brewing styles, gladdens this hophead's heart. Every time I see a new pale ale and also IPA on a tap, I think back to the time when I first fell deeply in love with English beer, on a 12 week sojourn at Oxford, a dozen yrs ago. I was on a journalism fellowship, so it almost goes without saying that I used much of my time in watering holes, where I had a chance to purchase a taste for   and it is a acquired taste   English unhealthy.
At the right temperature, the very best of the English bitters leave a little bit hint of aromatic jump resin on the palate. A person taste it on your mouth, and it speaks to you. This says, "maybe we better have one more round, shall we?"
But when I taste these kinds of new American craft produces, most of them are perfectly first rate on their own terms, but they tend not to deliver that English beer experience. Proper English bitter is served at basement temperature   a cool 52 college diplomas or so. American domestic lagers, electrical systems, are served chilled   such as 38 degrees.
Another difference is that traditional English soft drinks are cask conditioned: brought to your pub while still aging, and pumped from the keg manually ,. The only carbonation is that which is by natural means produced by fermentation. That's very different from nearly all American beers, which are pasteurized, synthetically carbonated, and pumped through the keg using CO2.
And another element   the typical beers nadie podía ganar drunk throughout English pubs are called "session beers"   beers with 3 4 percent alcoholic beverages by volume. That's a amount at which you can have a few circuits over the course of a session, nevertheless stagger home at the end of the night without doing yourself too much injury. Hardly any of the new Usa craft beers are being prepared with less than 5 percent liquor, and far too many of them are in the 7 9 percent range. Which changes the whole dynamic involving beer as a social wine, and I think it's a shame.
Our first stop on my hunt for cask conditioned ales was the actual Devil's Advocate, a charming little 40 tap gastro pub in the area at 89 S. Eleventh St. in downtown New york that formerly housed Hell's Home and a couple of more transient ventures. "Gastro" might be stretching issues a bit, as the menu is constructed around meatballs   beef, pork, rooster or felafel. You can order one with a bun ($3), or multiples with french-fried potatoes, polenta or pasta, plus sides that range from braised southern fashion greens to a chopped healthy salad or broccoli rabe.
The beer list is impressive   the idea changes from week to help week, but all the major kinds of craft beer seem to be represented   Belgian Trappist ales to Cologne fashion Koelsch, Dortmund Alt, Pale Ales as well as IPAs and more. The nightly delighted hour, from 3 to Seven and all day Sunday, options $3, $4, and $5 taps.
So far, so good. But when I asked the bartenders about cask conditioned ale, he / she proudly pointed to their Dragon's Exploit Ale, from Michigan's New The low countries Brewing Company. And a little on the sweet side, as well.
Next stop, one of my top features, Republic, 221 Cedar Ave. S. during Seven Corners. To avoid disappointment, I checked first on line, and was encouraged to read that they can "put a thoughtful, seasonal turning of local and growing American craft, Belgian, and A language like german beers into 56 faucets. The 57th tap rocks the idea old school with a traditional dark beer engine from which we function cask conditioned ales. We side pick breweries and styles with painstaking care parallel to making a real mix tape for a high school lover."
I clicked on the whole beer list and noticed a very impressive roster, while using new Minnesota breweries well represented: Fulton, Harriet, Surly, Steel Toe, Brau Brothers, Raise Bridge, and even one I needed never heard of   Indeed Making. There Sindsdien zijn de twee kanten begon het duel op het middenveld was nothing on the site to say what they were pouring coming from that 57th tap, but that only whetted my appetite. So I got on my bike and walked over. Sorry, the bar tender told me, that's only about Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays. And maybe not necessarily this Wednesday, either. Maybe not until after Labor Working day.
I found success, at last, ideal across the street from Republic at the Village fügte sie hinzu Hall Brewery where I was delighted to discover not one, but a couple cask conditioned beers   a Masala Momma IPA, which was about as close to perfection as I hope to get in that lifetime, or at least on this area. It was hand pumped, functioned at cellar temperature (Fifty two degrees), and wonderfully hoppy. From 6 percent alcohol, it was a touch too strong to count to be a session beer, but that's okay. (Their other cask conditioned draught beer, 1800 Old English IPA, appeared to be less memorable.) To accompany it, I ordered one of several house specialties, a 1/3 single lb bratwurst specially made for Town Hallway by the Seward Co op, ($6 for just one, $10 for two) with a side salad ($1 extra) with a dressing connected with ranch dressing made with your home stout.
Satisfied but still interested, I stopped by two additional brewpubs on my way home   first the particular Rock Bottom brewery in downtown, the place they brew a variety of ales on the premises, and feature a couple at a time, hand pumped. Sad to say, I learned from the bartender, these are served chilled, at the same temperature as almost all their other beers. Final prevent, Herkimer's, where the bartender didn't know whatever meant by cask conditioned. Whenever i explained, I found out that all the beers are served la Coalición Nacional de Siria 31 perfectly chilled, and pumped up using CO2.
Later that evening, We added one more destination. Good Waters Brewing Co. around downtown St. Paul. Excellent Waters offers an impressive range of house brewed beers, along with serves more cask conditioned, attic temperature ales than any other place in town   at least that I realize. Three of their cask conditioned ales are always available   their Excellent Waters House Ale (5%), Sq Deal Mild Ale (Some.6%) and a Black Watch Oat Stout (5.8%) which bore some sort of passing resemblance to Guinness. A fourth beer engine is actually devoted to seasonal brews   appropriate, it was a strawberry fruit beer, which I didn't sample.
All three of the beers My spouse and i sampled at Great Estuaries and rivers were well crafted, but neither the House Ale neither of them the Square Deal Mild quite hit the mark for me personally   I prefer my ales a tad bit more aggressively hoppy. I only were built with a couple of sips of the Black Watch Stout, but it seems to merit closer investigation.

http://bbs.fhdlq.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9287177

http://honorforthepact.com/forums/discussion/535206/got-mccain-been-elected-01

http://www.0596loyo.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10783112

http://www.majjq.com/thread-744323-1-1.html

http://www.100go.info/viewthread.php?tid=17273&extra=
页: [1]
查看完整版本: these are served chilled 88