gopvhtmx 发表于 2016-9-27 23:40:42

a farmer from Cornwall 17

When I stagger back to this type of water and sluice my eyes very clear, I have been inserted into a postcard. The actual silver stream at my feet slithers into thick spruce forests that rise to dreary mountains with inverted computer screen funnels etched into their flanks. Even though it really is July   high summer listed here   the peaks are cold with snow. Glorious as it is, it's only a little above componen for what I've become comfortable with.
It's day four of the six day horse drive through Banff National Park, 6500 square kms of moose marshes, bear woodlands, elk meadows, mountains, glaciers and chilly rivers in Canada's Rocky Mountains. Four days of seeing the rising sun chase green clouds from the mountaintops, drinking lousy coffee from a hissing pot near the fire, splashing across estuaries and rivers and drinking from the avenues in which we water each of our horses.
We're also alone. Since we left, we've seen not a soul. Apart from a horse or even a helicopter, there is no practical supply of into Banff National Park's backcountry. You could possibly walk but the distance, the actual isolation, the amount of gear expected, the steep terrain and also the number of river crossings put it off boundaries to any but the toughest of hardcore hikers.
We started off from the Ya Ha Tinda Rnch, where Parks Canada enhances the horses its wardens still use on patrol, picked up the trail along the Red Deer River past Warden Rock in addition to camped among spruce trees and buffalo berry bushes around the edge of Tyrrell Creek. Next evening, after a late start because of a mule that kicked in place and wouldn't take it has the load, we crossed the stream and climbed the extreme slope on the far aspect to the 2200 metre pass during Elkhorn Lake, where we quit for lunch amid the shed antlers from where the pass takes its brand.
This is billed as an voyage expedition by Holiday about Horseback, which has been operating moose treks through the national park for about 50 years. It's for excited riders who want to camp and also spend seven hours per day riding along game pistes with spruce branches grabbing at their legs. Previous riding experience is a basic requirement. Three of the four of us score "F" for fail but thishowever thishowever 96 within this department.
I last used a leg over a horse's backside for a half day piste ride five years ago. Ryder   despite his name   has never satellite on a horse before yet he earned a green beret helping with a British commando regiment surely nothing less than limb loss will almost certainly cause him anxiety. Renate, their young partner, is a Scot, as they are Ryder, and nothing dents her bright disposition. Dave is Seventy four, a farmer from Cornwall, and, despite creaking joints that bend over him over in the a . m ., he's owned horses all his life and still tours with the local hunt.
We're in expert company. Our own guide, Greg, has been riding pistes in these parts for almost Two decades. Words might not get past his lips without a struggle but he sings cowboy music and plays guitar whenever we sit around the fire before bed, which goes down well with all the whisky that Ryder has brought together. Greg can shoe a moose in the time it takes us to have coffee and put upward our tents.
There's Mel, high and willowy, another Scot, who wanna-be cooks delicious breakfasts with eggs as well as sausages and porridge, and charms everyone with her infectious good mood. Troy, an ex bull biker and the complete cowboy right down to the tips of his spurs, manages the mules.
Our stringed of half a dozen mules does the heavy lifting and we're packing some serious gear. In addition to a small mountain of food items and a camp kitchen, we've got shovels, axes, a chainsaw and a complete farrier's kit, with an anvil intended Broadway Musicals07 for el dominio de tareas shaping horseshoes. Should one of us need a boot repaired or perhaps an appendectomy, I feel sure we are equipped.
Our horses are all huge, solid fellows. Quarter horse with a touch of draught horse about them, Greg tells us. Mine passes by the name of Sailor, a handsome chestnut gelding with a touch associated with henna in his coat and a white colored stripe down his nose. Sailor likes to snack. He is continually pointy end straight down in the grass chomping at appetizing herbivore treats. We're in virtually no great hurry, so I take pleasure him in this, but Sailor man, being a sociable animal, will certainly suddenly realise he is remaining left behind and trot to catch right up. Our progress is like driving a car in rush hour traffic. This is fine with me in the event the trail is flat however, if we're heading downhill and also Sailor brakes from a lively trot to a dead halt that just about pitches me over her ears, harsh words take place.
Once, we part business. We're crossing a creek at the end of a steep ravine when Sailor man slips as he steps using a slanting rock. His backside legs slide and, while he makes a mighty heave to restore his footing, my saddle slips. I grab the pommel and attempt to pull it back erect but it's already gone too far to one side.
"Greg, my saddle's appear loose," are our final words as I fade away over Sailor's hindquarters. With the saddle failing around his nether regions, Sailor is a horse transformed. He does an outrageous, bucking circle, hooves slashing the air, right up until he sees the other farm pets disappearing over the ravine, bolts to participate in them and smacks into the backed of Renate's horse, Fuzzy, who gallops off in a panic.
"Grab the reins tight," I perceive Greg yell over the pounding with hooves. By the time I reach the top, order has been restored as well as Sailor is panting and somewhat shamefaced.
The toughest day's ride can come when we leave the bowl of the Dormer River and brain upstream until it narrows to some trickle and we wade the horses across and head up the Dormer Pass.
In less than a kilometre, the trail rises more than 300 metres in a series of switchbacks that will take us past the sapling line and into drifts of late summer snow.
Every couple of minutes, Greg, riding at the front, stops us to rest our panting mounts. Dave, the Cornish farmer, states that nobody in England would probably believe he'd ridden up such a steep hill and says there isn't a horse in He uk that would do it.
At the top, an ice cold wind funnels through the pass. Bighorn lambs are watching us from the ridge above, silhouetted against the stars. The corridor of the complete takes us across some sort of 500 metre wide landslide, where shale has cascaded down the mountain. It's reduce and steep and the underside is a long way down broke to stop you on the way.
The trail is actually less than hand to knee wide but our ponies carry us across just like they were on rails in addition to into meadows tinted pink and yellow with wild flowers. Dave hums the theme melody from the Marlboro cigarette advertising and we all laugh.
We are riding high. The pass is close to 2400 metres and it is cold. The first day of our experience was hot enough to get T shirts but every day since thermometer has taken another major step down.
The last day's our ride is less warm still. "Better put your rain items on," says Greg since we saddle up at the grassy meadow where we've spent the night time. It's dry at first speculate we begin the long ascend alongside the cascading creek that may take us to Elk Go a fine, soaking rain can be falling. By the time we reach the pass it has turned to snow and we shiver over lunch.
All of us are transformed by this. Something happens for your requirements when you spend six days and nights outdoors and don't complain an excessive amount. Freed from the essential decisions   things to cook, where to camp, ought to stop   a kind of serenity descends.
We've been also free from the bothering bleat of urban life   mobile phones, newspapers, television, telephones, radio, email and traffic. Stress levels sink as the mountains go up around us. Whether we have fresh socks for the evening becomes the limit your anxieties. The physical results are miraculous. Hips and backs that spend very long hunched in chairs unkink; hand joints sore from pounding keyboards stop hurting. Tastes sharpen, legs wind rear the years. Jokes become sillier. As i accidentally pour the dish washing water down a gopher opening instead of the dirty water ditch, we laugh fit for you to bust.
It's more than a few hours from lunch until finally we get to the ski inclines above Banff, where a truck will come across us. We tie each of our horses among spruce trees and it's over. The driver exactly who takes us back to community has the heater up whole blast. "Figured you guys could use it," he says.
We get hold of our gear at the Pathway Rider Store in Banff. This is a short walk back to Brewster's Huge batch Lodge and I'm walking Es gibt zu viele Beschäftigte im öffentlichen Dienst somewhat stiffly because my knees injure and are reluctant to come together. I personally probably have a faraway peer in my eyes, too, and also to anyone who might look us over   riding cape swishing throughout my ankles, hat brim soaking, stained jeans, scuffed traveling boots, in need of a get rid of, smelling of woodsmoke   yep, ordinary to see, there goes a new cowboy.

http://etype-c.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=17155

http://www.houstonren.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8329148

http://hyqgw.com/news/html/?94107.html

http://bbs.haomxz.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=43&filter=typeid&typeid=1

http://toopbbs.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=294801&extra=page%3D1&frombbs=1
页: [1]
查看完整版本: a farmer from Cornwall 17