翔迷社区 - 一个拥有飞翔梦想的无人机社区[FlyFan forum - with  a flying dream]

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 44|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

pandora charm italy 70% OFF | pandora rings too big 2016 Sale Online.

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-3-26 19:19:27 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
Jesus Sign Is a No Go in Public School Classroom

A kindergarten teacher in Waterloo, Iowa, saw it as displaying her mission statement when she hung a sign above the classroom door that declared her belief in Jesus. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength," the framed poster said.

A parent viewed the teacher's sign in a different light. He saw it as a violation of the separation of church and state and complained to a Waterloo television station, which aired a story on Jan. 27. Intense debate followed, as more than 900 commenters on the station's Facebook page weighed in about whether a teacher should post a religious sign. The school system saw the issue as gray. The teacher created her mission statement during a leadership training program based on business principles, not religious ones. It was the teacher's choice to emphasize that her inspiration came from her religious beliefs. Teachers, a district spokeswoman said, are also entitled to freedom of expression.

This is not a gray issue. Hanging a sign proclaiming that Jesus gives you strength just doesn't cut it if you're a public school teacher. Yes, teachers have some freedom of expression in the workplace, but they also must keep their beliefs in check in front of students. Religion and education pandora jewelry clearance have never been great bedfellows, and the ensuing outcry about the sign shows a continued lack of understanding among the public as well as educators about how religion should be handled in public schools. Staying neutral about religion isn't just about following the First pandora jewelry 70% off clearance Amendment's Establishment Clause, which prohibits a representative of the public from promoting a particular religion. It's also about teachers respecting that all students do not share the same beliefs.

For many teachers, keeping religious beliefs out of the classroom can be tough. I crisscrossed the country the last few years to conduct research for a book on schools' efforts to teach about world religions. In Wichita, Kansas, several elementary teachers told me how they struggled to adapt when they began teaching about world religions as part of a new curriculum. Most were devout Christians, and many had been taught since childhood to share their faith with others. Now, they had to teach about unfamiliar religions and tone down enthusiasm for their own. One teacher resented not being able to talk about Jesus's birthday at Christmastime. The country, she told me, was trying so hard to honor other cultures in the world that it had forgotten about the customs in America. "Amen," said a teacher sitting nearby.

In Modesto, California, educators impressed me with their zest to enforce the First Amendment. Since 2000, Modesto has required all high school freshmen to take a course about the world's religions. As a part of training provided by the First Amendment Center, teachers learned about the dos and don'ts regarding religion in school. They familiarized themselves with the center's "A Teacher's Guide to Religion in the Public Schools." In a section called "The Personal Beliefs of Teachers," the guide notes that teachers must be neutral concerning religion. That means don't pray with or in front of students during school and don't wear clothing with a proselytizing message. No "Jesus Saves" T shirts, for example. Teachers can, though, wear non obtrusive religious jewelry such as a cross or Star of David. When a pair of Modesto teachers saw a Merry Christmas sign on their high school's marquee, they pointed out to the administrator that the school was promoting one religion's holiday over others. The pandora 2016 principal then made a tiny Happy Hanukkah sign and tacked it to a wall. That resolved nothing in the teachers' view. The best tact is to educate, not celebrate.

Dustin Mathenia, the parent who complained about the sign in Waterloo, is a non denominational Christian. He says he spoke up because he knew his daughter's class included non Christians and wanted to be a voice for those who might be too fearful to speak up. After his complaint became known, pandora jewelry clearance the sign above the kindergarten classroom came down. A district spokeswoman told a KWWL TV reporter that the sign was moved to a "more personal location" and did not provide more specifics. Last week, though, the sign reappeared in the same place with a word change. It now says, "I can do all things pandor bracelets through the one who gives me strength." Mathenia pandora outlet still feels uncomfortable with the sign and its message.

Regardless, the sign with Christ on it had been hanging above the classroom pandora charms on sale door in a hallway since October. Many adults must have seen it. Some might say no one objected because this isn't that big a deal. I agree with Mathenia. Those bothered by the sign likely were afraid of backlash.

I know what it's like. I was the only Jew other than my brothers in a rural Ohio school system. Pastors led prayer at religious assemblies and invited us to join youth groups during lunch time. Of course, it offended me, but neither my parents nor I complained because we didn't want to make our family stand out even more. The Waterloo parent has taken an unpopular stance, and he's okay with that. He would have been okay with it if the school had mimicked a Modesto high school teacher's approach and put up signs with sayings from several religions. From what I've seen around the country, children learn more about the world and each other when schools teach about many religions instead of preach just one.

pandora charms outlet store
pandora charms on sale
pandora uk sale

http://www.pandoracharmsonsale.top
http://www.2016pandorajewelryuksale.top
http://www.pandorajewelryoutletstore.top
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 01:55 , Processed in 0.125037 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表