翔迷社区 - 一个拥有飞翔梦想的无人机社区[FlyFan forum - with  a flying dream]

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 67|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

pandora charm zodiac 70% OFF | pandora charm october 2016 Sale Online.

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-3-28 21:28:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
How to Create A Keepsake Necklace For Mom

Creating a Necklace Using A Thumbprint PendantCreating your own jewelry really isn't all that hard. There are a few techniques to learn and once you've practiced those a bit, you can create almost anything. For this particular lens, I wanted to make a necklace using a pendant I received from my seven year old son last mother's day. It's a piece of modeling clay with his thumbprint in it. I can't take credit for the idea, though I wish I could because it's brilliant! He made it with his first grade class and I think it was one of the best gifts ever.

I'm going to show you how I created a necklace to show off my baby's thumbprint and I'll give you instructions to make one of your own too. All pictures are my own unless otherwise noted.

Seriously. This is one of the best gift ideas ever. My child's fingerprint forever cast in clay. Wearable. For a lifelong keepsake. What more could a mom ask? Whoever thought of that (I think it was the uber crafty and clever room mom assistant in his class but I'm not sure) pandora jewelry clearance is pure genius! So if there is a mom in your life you'd like to blow away, please, please try this for her.

What you'll need:

1. Clay (if you aren't overly familiar with types of clay, find a craft store like Michael's or Joann's Fabrics and ask for help. There are multiple types of clay, from self hardening to professional. Check to be sure there are instructions on hardening the clay when you buy it).

2. An oven (to harden the clay in)

3. A kid with fingers and thumbs.

4. A ring (called a jumpring in the jewelry making world) to put through a hole you'll make at the top to attach to a necklace (or keychain or whatever you'd like). The temperature will vary depending on pandora charms outlet the type of clay.

Buy This Jewelry How To Book

Bead Jewelry 101, pandora 2016 2nd Edition: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step by Step InstructionWhen I first started learning jewelry making, this was an incredibly helpful resource. Filled with beautiful designs for inspiration and good descriptions of how to do things like open and close pandora charms cheap jumprings, attach clasps to the end of your jewelry and much more. If you're just starting out, be sure to get this book.

For me, the most challenging (and also most fun) part of the process is the design stage. This is where I decide what I am going to make, what it's going to look like, which beads or other components I'm going to use. Maybe it's because I like possibilities and once I decide on something, I've closed the door on countless options pandora 2016 (though not really, because I could keep making all the other designs, I'm only limited by the materials I have on hand and well, time. That's always a big factor!).

I am not an expert when it comes to design. I don't think it's even a strength of mine. But it is fun and the most creative part of the process and I love that. There's something about taking random parts and turning it into a piece of wearable art that is addictive (kind of like squidoo!). I will caution you, if you have no materials to begin, have an idea of what you want to make BEFORE shopping in a craft store. When you step foot into a jewelry aisle, you can, quite rapidly, get lost in the millions of projects all calling you to make them. Really, they call out to you. Beads screaming your name.

So, first things first, choose what you want to create (look at books, get ideas, have a sense of what you want), then go shopping. The store that has most of my money when it comes to jewelry making components is Firemountain Gems. See, when I started making jewerly, it was going to be a business rather than a hobby so I bought lots of different things (you also get a much better discount when you buy more items at Firemountain Gems so I of course had to buy enough to qualify for the discount!).

You can see by my picture my little beads multiplied rapidly into several storage containers. In pandora jewelry outlet hindsight, I'd say start small until you know what you like working with. There is such a thing as too many choices. (And my "business" is now a hobby and a great way for me to make more jewelry than I can possibly wear. In my lifetime.)

How to Make This Thumbprint Pendant Necklace   Once you decide on the design, the actual making of it is easy!Materials:

6 strands of Hemp Cord (my necklace used approx 19 inches of cord though I always start with at least 3 or 4 inches more than I want)

Two end cap closures

1 Thumbprint pendant

Two antique look silver plated beads

1 silver plate clasp

5 silver plate jumprings

Tweezers (if needed to get the cord into the end caps)

Scissors (only for cutting the cords)

First, cut 6 strands of hemp cord 4 inches longer than your desired necklace length (test by holding the cord around your neck and seeing where you want it to fall. I'd show you pictures of me doing this for this necklace but they aren't good. At all. So I'll spare you and assume that you can figure this out). It's ALWAYS better to make the cord longer than you think you'll need. It can be a eensy bit tricky to string all of them if your cords are thicker or almost as thick as the hole through the bead. So make sure the hole in the bead is large enough. Slide the pendant onto the necklace. Here's a tip for you. If you think you might want to use it on other necklaces (giving you more options for wearing), you can add 1 or 2 more jumprings (connect them to each other) and have it dangle from the last one. I did this because I do want to be able to change it out easily (without taking off the main jumpring that's on the strand). You want to place the cords, all 6 of them, into the open end cap. The end cap is simply a piece with a loop that closes around your strands and holds them together and allows you to attach a clasp to the end of it. It's the piece that connects the strands to the clasp. Lay the strands in the end cap making sure to keep them as even as possible. Then squeeze the two sides of the end cap together so it closes and secures the strands. You can add glue to the strands if you choose. I didn't for my necklace. Double check the length of pandora outlet your necklace before repeating on the second side. If it's too long, cut off the excess and continue with the second end cap. The second side is usually trickier because you're trying to make sure the strands are all equal length and tautness. Have patience and you'll get it!For a great visual of this step and different types of end caps or crimp ends, you can check out this site.

pandora charms sale clearance
pandora outlet
pandora canada

http://www.pandorajewelryoutletstore.top
http://www.pandoracharmsonsale.top
http://www.pandoracharmsclearance.top
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-10-2 16:29 , Processed in 0.123171 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表