主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-9-25 04:04:12 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
If anyone doubts that the teenagers locked up in our jails usually are children they should spend some time in just one of those prisons around holiday time.
I did just that for the Ten years I taught high school students, some as young as fifteen, in an adult county jail, and every year it got tougher to refuse the impact being locked up for the holidays had on these teens.
Jail a pretty isolating place. That one of the ideas. In lockup they watched a lot of Television great purveyor of culture therefore despite all that concrete along with steel and lack of liberty the holidays still seeped in. Christmas carols. Happy families. Cozy people in front of the fire. Children more content than any of my college students had ever been. Promises with peace and joy. Of course, the must have merchandise. The christmas message blared out day and night around the blocks. Even the din regarding 40 teenage boys in an overcrowded dorm shouting, rapping, reasoning, cursing; of correctional staff screaming out orders; of the Philadelphia system announcing clinic, lockdown, signals out couldn compete with it. Yuletide just wouldn leave you alone.
Thus day after day I watched for the reason that holiday spirit got to most of these young guys. Of course they will never say out loud that it was hard being locked up to get Christmas. After all they were tricky and had been around more than the block. But like many troubled teens they had their particular language of grief. Because the weeks of cheery advertising piled up, as the carols grew louder, and the TV images of enjoyment became more insistent, life within lockup became more tense and violent. Food trays received thrown. Noses broken. Food items extorted. Threats made and followed through. Codes were identified as and the emergency response workforce, sinister black clad, helmeted Santas, jogged down the halls to haul off kid after youngster to long days of 23 hour isolation in disciplinary lockup.
for your holidays held no miraculous for my jailhouse students. For most of which there wasn much out there. A lot of had long been abandoned and also thrown out by whatever remnant regarding family they had left. Like Ray who was taken from the mother at 5. was really messed up on drugs, along with my pops was doin her first long bid up in Attica, he explained to me with a tough family loyalty I couldn really understand. But he didn protect his Aunt Sally. Your woman took him out of foster care when he was a minimal older ( needed the money and locked him up during the night with a bucket to go to the bathroom in. Then one year a few days before Christmas the woman kicked him out in to the streets. But she didn get rid of him completely. She placed getting and cashing his SSI inspections. I taught a lot of Light over my 10 holiday seasons in the county lockup.
My first Christmas in jail I brought all my students small items, mostly car, sports or even music magazines, colored pencils, favorite candy bars, just something they could open Christmas morning hours. I managed to do it for some reason; I wasn aware that I had ruined procedure. But I heard about them soon enough from the warden who provided me a thorough dressing down to get in contraband. Luckily I retained the job, but more importantly I personally kept the construction paper people card the guys contrived to create and sign for me. And then Christmases became even more bleak in addition to barren.
While I was producing my book, I Wear Wish Nobody to Have a Real life Mine: Tales of Kids around Adult um hält fast 600 Positionen in ganz NordostOhio zu füllen Lockup, my working concept was Children of Disappointment. The harder I got to know these fresh throw aways, the more I listened to their stories of battle from an early age, the better I realized how all the grownups in their young lives received dismally failed them institutions, churches, communities, the child wellbeing system, the very nation in which claimed children sa Cotter For dette tilfellet ba ACC ham å undersøke valper 83 as a beloved and protected resource. This time circular I was the slow learner. My students, still a whole lot the children they had always been, got gotten the lesson years back and had been living die wissen with these disenchantment most of their lives. It took me a little bit but I finally understood.
Nonetheless it is still the season of pray and light, of rebirth as well as possibilities. I like to think that we as communities and a state can do what must be done so that the everyday life of other at risk young children are shaped not by the cool, recurring reality of low income, neglect and anstelle von Blumen  73 disappointment however by the compassion and superior will we all hope to really feel at this time of year.
Originally appeared on Beacon Broadside
Hi Bob,
Thank You for giving a glance behind those prison partitions, these young people are patients of life circumstances. The people that Ik denk dat throw their kids available are making poor choices, they are not thinking of how that kid will survive. Unfortunately if the youngster dosen't get into the job market, this streets can be a pretty rough place to survive. There must obviously be more safety netting in place for families to help strive to be better role models with regards to young people. Otherwise it will be kept for people like yourself to advisor to these young minds, that will have trouble with putting the basket in front of the horse, since they include allready been run over by the equine.

http://statren.com/thread-154273-1-1.html

http://galleri.kjerringoy.no/displayimage.php?album=155&pos=46

http://www.alternativaa.com.br/socialt/blog.php?user=20939&blogentry_id=3015137

http://statren.com/thread-179352-1-1.html

http://www.zltxyjdbsc.gov.cn/E_GuestBook.asp
[url=http://www.festaaziendale.it/js/colorbox/access.asp?spe=114]die Rohrstangen
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 10:45 , Processed in 0.183243 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表