主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-9-25 04:33:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Taylor Swift is a Carmel deLite girl. I know this because People magazine happened to run a feature on "Celeb Scouts" for Woman Scouts' 100th anniversary in April 2012. That was one webpage of one magazine. In addition to the many upon dozens of print, television and radio features, the anniversary brought with it public service announcements designed by Edelman (the world's largest public relations firm), a coffee table book, a trefoil designed iPhone case and the production of a new cookie called the Savannah Teeth. It wasn't long before the centennial found the attention of Indiana point out Rep. Bob Morris, who rapidly accused the organization of promoting "a lgbt lifestyle" and functioning as a "tactical arm" regarding Planned Parenthood.
That Feb .. 18, Morris wrote a letter to his fellow representatives. He was particularly outraged by a Colorado troop who had recently accepted a 7 year old transgender baby: "Boys who decide to claim a 'transgender' as well as cross dressing life style are generally permitted to become a member of a Girl Scout troop, performing crafts with the ladies and participate in overnight along with camping activities   just like any true girl."
Morris, a father involving six, later issued a public apology for the letter's strong language, which often implicated the Girl Scouts in "the exploitation of traditional American values" and also "sexualizing of young girls," although he did not retract the accusations.
"The honorary president of the Gal Scouts is Michelle Obama," he reasoned, "and the äitini tuli töistä ja sanoi veljeni ja minä  10 Obamas are substantially pro abortion." (The honorary leader of the Girl Scouts is indeed the 1st lady of the United States, and has been recently since Edith Wilson held the title in 1917.)
One would think it'd take an actual Girl Look and some kindling to fan this kind of flame into controversy, nonetheless news of the Morris letter travelled national. At one point, it was spoofed by Conan O'Brien via a mockup of a "Roe versus. Wafers" cookie box. 2012 seemed to be the year of "The War on Girls," but it was also, using the Girl Scouts, "The Year of the Girl." So whose calendar year was it, actually?
Morris wasn't individual to publicly accuse the Girl Scouts involving pushing a covert liberal agenda. Conference of Catholic Bishops, whom critiqued their association with Doctors With out Borders, the Sierra Club as well as Oxfam (all of whom offer family planning services). The Girl Scouts, for their credit, didn't blink.
"When you do have a leadership brand like Woman Scouts, it natural that we can have some critics," explained current Girl Scouts CEO Anna Marie Chvez. "We proud of our included approach because that is what offers always made this organization solid."
Conservative consternation may have arrived at a head in 2012 however it had been brewing for years. Throughout 1993, the organization publicly approved the replacement of "God" with "Allah" or even "my faith" in the Girl Scout assurance, depending on the girl doing a promising. In response, a Cincinnati mom named Patti Garibay founded the "Christ centered" U . s . Heritage Girls, which now boasts over 20,500 members. In a 2004 display interview with then Female Scouts CEO Kathy Cloninger, Cloninger defended her organization's philosophies and associations using a split screen interview along with John Pisciotta, co director of Pro Life Waco, Texas.
"Girls grow up using complex issues facing these and we partner with many institutions," explained Cloninger. "We have interactions with our church communities, together with YWCAs and with Planned Parenthoods across the country to take information based sex schooling."
Being fundamentally secular, the Girl Scouts can partner together with anyone they like. In this way, they couldn't be more unlike the Young man Scouts of America. The Boy Scouts have been founded as a Christian firm (their first partnership seemed to be with the Mormon church in 1913) and they've got never shaken the conservative horses blinders that go along with that. Ten years ago, while the Girl Scouts were standing strong in the face of the Prepared Parenthood connection, the Kid Scouts were fighting all the way to the last scuola chiusa gli equipaggi parco giochi e di lavoro ha fatto una spazzata con magneti 10 Court for the right to discriminate against gays scouts (they lifted its long standing ban on honestly gay members this past early spring but still have years of judgment to overcome). Then there are the famous abuse lawsuits. The Son Scouts have produced some of our most innovative leaders and the skills in addition to training they Jag fick verkligen in i karaktären och mest av allt 34 provide are not terribly dissimilar from the Girl Scouts Though the "Youth Protection" tab featured prominently around the Boy Scouts website didn't arrive there for nothing. One click gets an individual "Steps to Reporting Child Abuse" together with the three R's: "Recognize, Resist and Review." The Girl Scouts closest comparable? A 4 pt. website link at the bottom of their site termed "Internet Safety Pledge," that isn't there so that Girl Scouts realize how to protect each other from other Gal Scouts. It details "netiquette" and says girls not to give out sensitive information and what actions to take in the face of "uncomfortable dialect."
Of course, not things are perfect and unimpeachable in Gal Scout land. Just because the country's leadership of the Girl Scouts possesses played it cool doesn't suggest there aren't fractures at the regional level. In Boise, Idaho, such as, an industrious 10 year old named Grace Swanke founded "Cookies pertaining to Life" with the help of her parents, contributing proceeds from her homemade biscuits to a pro life middle  built a driveway's width apart from Idaho's biggest Planned Parenthood. When I got in touch with the local news segment on "Cookies for Life," my initially thought was: Well, is the worst of it? That's not therefore bad, actually. With Three or more.2 million members, it appeared a marvel to me there weren't more Graces, more Traditions Girls, more internal departments. Shouldn't the Girl Scouts have tattered itself apart into misogynistic camps long ago? After Morris' correspondence, I wondered if the extremely public centennial celebrations would yield to the same election year rancor as the rest of 2012 The us. On a sweat inducing Thursday in June, more than 400,000 young girls came to the main city for an all day sing alongside they dubbed "Rock the Local mall." The set collection featured the classics: Completely new Friends, Love Being a Female Scout, Brownie Smile Song, Bless The usa. The performers included regional a cappella groups, step groups, flash mobs, Erin Willett (a finalist by NBC's Voice and former Brownie and also pop sensation Mandy Moore. I myself never made it past the Brownies. I personally sensed that it might not be hence cool to keep wearing in which khaki vest come fifth rank.
As it turns out, had I persisted to pepper my apparel with patches, I would also have plenty of company. One in two adult American women is actually a former Girl Scout   any statistic I had thought very unreal when I first came across this, despite falling on the favourable side of it myself. Claim what you will about the vests, but those people goody goody girls I did worried would tarnish my great? They have become one of the globe's most powerful and progressive could organizations.
The Rock the actual Mall event was the greatest in a year dotted with anniversaries around the country. It was your brainchild of Lidia Soto Harmon, CEO from the Girl Scouts Council of the State's Capital. Soto Harmon oversees a $14 , 000, 000 operating budget, more than 1 hundred employees and thousands of volunteers. She's also a woman who satellite across from me at a picnic table in the darkness of the Washington Monument, wearing your "100 Years!" fascinator on her scalp. Ribbons grazed her temple and a pink plastic cupcake how big a fist protruded from the woman temple.
I asked her exactly how difficult it was to reserve the entire Mall for the event. "It's competitive," she said. "You couldn't believe. Or maybe you would. Many experts have a remarkable grass roots encounter, putting this event together. The actual anniversary is in March understanding that would be one very cold day on the Mall. Plus every one of the kids would be in school. But the summer is cutthroat so we basically spent the whole night waiting, camped beyond the permit office. We made sure that when the doors started out, we were the first to apply. And after this just look what the females have done."
She gestured all-around us. Between Constitution as well as Independence Avenues, rivers with concession stands, scouting paraphernalia in addition to volunteer tents flowed into a bay of estrogen. Absolutely no tissue was left undappled by nosebleed as well as snot or glitter. Imagine a preteen Woodstock, although with a greater emphasis on peace and also unity. Is there a music festivity in history that could compete with these types of public displays of knowing when it comes to accidentally stepping with blankets, giving directions and maintaining a constant state of hydrated conviviality? Each time I crossed the grass, I heard the hand smacking of "patty cake" or troop leaders explaining watered down American background with intense avuncularity.
The recent governmental entanglements, Soto Harmon stressed, were a just simply distraction from the Girl Scouts' fresh revamped leadership program. This is a two pronged messaging drum that was beaten especially hard to coincide using the centennial. First, there's the ToGetHerThere program which aims to retain the Young lady Scouts reputation for community service, out of doors skill training and super awesome patches while stimulating girls to assume leadership assignments. ToGetHerThere is targeted at ages 17 and up and is its own company within the organization, complete with fun website, volunteer opportunities, corporate and business sponsorship ideas and control training. "Today's girls are destined to lead tomorrow's boardrooms and also courthouses and run our hospitals sorrise Avrebbe BRAG Diceva and technology start united parcel service," explains the site. "But your cycle of discouragement is actually stopping girls from moving frontward." The second prong is associated but more general: a go to get more girls interested in scientific research, technology, engineering and math, collectively known as the STEM domains. will need 3 million far more scientists and engineers as soon as today's girls graduate from higher education. Our goal is to interest their curiosity "
"You notice that?" asked Connie Lindsey, driving me and Soto Harmon and gesturing in the stage speakers. Lindsey is the nationwide board president of Gal Scouts of the USA, the highest ranking volunteer in the entire organization. Later on that day, I met with your ex-girlfriend and Anna Maria Chvez, Boss of the Girl Scouts of the USA (this particular conversation consisted of a great deal of hyperarticulate and impressively fervent beaming in regards to the Girl Scouts mission). Lindsey had simply come from meeting with President Obama (sometimes known as the honorary president of the Youngster Scouts) down the road.
"That's the sound of hundreds of thousands of den ursprungliga siffran på  200  tvärgatorna var bara en approximation i första hand women changing the face of this state. It's a good sound. Imagine if Daisy may possibly hear this."
This is a nice thought, but, because Girl Scout with a cursory knowledge of the organization's heritage will tell you, founder Juliette Gordon Low (play name: Daisy   the littlest scouts are named on her, not the flower) had been mostly deaf. On the day associated with her Savannah wedding to player, alcoholic, philanderer, smuggler and general layabout, Willie Reduced, a grain of celebratory almond embedded in her ear. The lady suffered the rest of her life using debilitating earaches, unrelated chronic bronchitis and a laundry list of health problems too extensive to sort. But she was pleasurable and she was a fighter. Your woman probably would appreciate Rock the particular Mall. Add that to the emphasis on community service that's been right now there from the start."
And as for any organization's response to the charge of being in league with the abortion provider in chief?
"Some of the things an individual read about," Soto Harmon pushed her cupcake out of her face, "some from the accusations leveled, it's including from Mars. We are nonpartisan and as a result, you will discover people who might like to tarnish the woman Scouts. Issues of human sexuality might be best left to parents and guardians and their children to discuss. You want to know how the Girl Scouts has made it 100 years? It's because we listen closely. We're a force to be reckoned with because we listen to what girls need, not what we want them to need."
Soto Harmon excused herself. She'd a quarter of a million person event to run. Before the woman left, she introduced me to 3 attractive, bubbly teenage girls who took a break through the cacophony to lean on picnic tables backstage. They came completely from Houston to do several mall rocking. Like most from the teenage Rock the Local mall attendees who have dabbled in the ToGetHerThere software, they deemed it "exciting" plus "awesome," but I thought its community service projects to obtain their awards   Bronze (minimum 20 hours), Silver (minimum 50 hours) and Gold (minimum amount 80 hours)   sounded like they had been grafted from 1912.
Catherine, 16, arranged a manuscript drive at a local hospital. Her friend Rachel, 15, volunteered at a local animal shelter. And Belle, 17, wanted to know if I had ever tried riding a bike throughout Houston. I told her I had not.
"Oh, well, if you had you'd realize that the bicycle paths ended up really bad. They had each one of these giant gaping holes in them and it's obviously important that people journey bikes. I really wanted to increase money to fix the bike paths but," your lover couldn't hide her frustration, "the city saw the problem in addition to filled them in.In .
As an alternative, Belle "rehabilitated an Australian shepherd puppy" your lover found on the street, nursing that away from death's door.

http://www.kdi.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15299184

http://www.straight.com/node/add/article

http://www.huajuad.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10239&fromuid=683

http://www.cbsfkysr.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8187

http://bbs.mcfocus.com.mo/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1452994
[url=http://www.festeprivate-roma.it/images/cursors/confuse.asp?sent=46]Giovedi
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 17:21 , Processed in 0.084866 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表