主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-9-27 17:28:23 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
More than a year ago when a couple Republican lawmakers introduced a bill the tutor said was aimed at streamlining the particular state's wetlands regulations, authorities clamored that the changes would create what was an already controversial pitch to site an open hole iron mine in n . Wisconsin.
That fear, expressed largely by environmental advocates along with Indian tribes, related to the particular proposed location of the $1.A few billion mine, straddling hundreds of massive areas of wetlands in the Penokee Mountains.
Mining for iron ore would certainly create waste, the reasoning went, and that waste really should be dumped somewhere near by, an act only allowed less than limited circumstances under family laws at the time.
Yet during ​​det ville være en god en Som for en roman a very well attended public hearing for Oct. Neal Kedzie, R Elkhorn, said the particular groups trying to draw a link between the state's ability to permit the quarry and his bill were "grasping with straws" and insisted, "This is not a exploration bill."
"This bill would not set the stage nor will it create any kind of backdoor for mining or wetland regulations," Kedzie went on to say while testifying before the joint Senate and Assemblage Natural Resources committees. (Go to the following link to hear Kedzie's testimony, pertaining to 30 minutes into the video.)
While Republicans unveiled the latest type of the mining bill the other day, it included significant terminology from the bill, much for the chagrin of the Wisconsin Wetlands Association. The group had worked 3 4 inches  71 well closely and "in good faith" having Kedzie and other lawmakers on the monthly bill that was passed into legislation in 2012.
"Obviously we didn't be connected all the dots, because there it had become in all its glory,In Erin O'Brien, the association's wetland policy director, mentioned in an interview Tuesday. "Clearly, which was somebody's objective. Jeff Mursau, Third Crivitz, laid the groundwork for a company to site a my own near wetlands by loosening the standards for mitigating, or perhaps offsetting, the destruction of esturine habitat in one location by building wetlands elsewhere in the state.
Those recommendations were further loosened within the mining bill introduced a while back by Republican lawmakers. in Home 411 South at the talk about Capitol.)
Whether Kedzie was aware i thought this was going to happen is unclear. Your dog did not return a call searching for comment Tuesday. For her piece, O'Brien says she hasn't spoken with Kedzie since the mining bill had been reintroduced last week.
O'Brien says prior to Kedzie's bill, the state Department of Organic Resources was allowed, throughout very limited circumstances, to consider wetlands mitigation. The Kedzie bill, your lover says, now requires the DNR to take into account mitigation.
The mining bill introduced last week builds on the chance to mitigate that was outlined while in the Kedzie bill by stating onpage 126 that the "DNR shall grant the actual exemption if: The different will result in significant adverse the environmental impacts, but the applicant is going to offset those impacts via a mitigation program "
Helen Sarakinos, policy director with the Lake Alliance of Wisconsin, identified the Kedzie Mursau wetlands bill as being a game changer when it comes to protecting wetlands in Wisconsin.
"The legislation that existed until last year made it difficult to destroy esturine habitat," Sarakinos says. "Now all of a sudden you won't need to protect what you have, you can easily mitigate the impacts elsewhere. That wasn't the case ahead of the Kedzie bill."
Sen. Tim Cullen, Chemical Janesville, introduced his own mining payment NTFSPerformance unter Linux sein Die Fähigkeit  75 Tuesday following a series of open hearings he's been retaining since last summer. He admits that he voted against SB/AB Twenty-four because he thought it diminished wetland protection standards.
Others, according to him, voted for the bill simply because were assured it experienced nothing to do with mining.
"Everybody with the DNR and everywhere else swore along that bill had nothing to do with mining," Cullen claimed in a phone interview. "But look at the mining bill introduced yesterday. It is 206 pages long. The bill that they (Republicans) said they were reintroducing appeared to be 170 pages long. But i am talking about WI politics that will remain WI politics assuming that WI remains. Not just in transferring a bill but in the long run. The last thing they want is for the thought of raper/plunders/whatevers to become a reality.
For the document, I'm not a fan of either social gathering, so please don't lump us in with the Democrats. However every day I have to remind by myself why significant numbers of Us residents and Wisconsinites entrust their ballots into the modern Republican Party. During this case (like so many others concerning corporate needs trumping the health of the majority), are a few work promised really worth accepting this deception that transcended in this disaster for our esturine habitat protections? Lies are not household values. Destruction of The lord's creation, including tainting one of the watersheds of the very beautiful lake on the planet (Outstanding), is not from a party regarding Christianity. Why are so many of us willing to beat all men det er press de forventet å møte over the needs and desires of the Terrible River Indians in shoving this specific mine through? Why do so many of us feel so ardent throughout supporting a party that won't contemplate negotiation with the other occasion on a more moderate strategy? We are a sick people, therefore very self righteous in our sickness. Now let the angry responses to this post begin.

http://www.cimeicun.com/E_GuestBook.asp

http://honorforthepact.com/forums/discussion/545620/d-iberville-738

http://palevo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1026/index.php?/index.php/index.php

http://texasbbs.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=91755

http://www.ydlog.com/viewthread.php?tid=118524&extra=
[url=http://zeynepcopurart.com/images/oppwqa/bkodasag.asp?x=72]Erano di gran mod
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 10:30 , Processed in 0.111633 second(s), 26 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表