帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-9-29 00:08:59 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The famous poster of Our god Kitchener bellowed: "Your Country Needs You."
Young men up and down Britain marched within recruiting y probablemente va a perdurar por alrededor de un mes más derecho a octubre offices to volunteer for the First World Battle   and the Wilcox family in Birmingham were among the first to answer the email to arms.
And for instance fearful mothers all over the country, Dorothy Ann Wilcox waved her sons off to your bloodiest war this country has previously fought   all SEVEN of these.
Brothers Leonard, 21, Ernest, 23, Bernard, 25, Alfred; 30; Walter, 33, Benjamin, 38, and Ruben, 40, all signed up to complete their duty, knowing they will pay the ultimate price.
Since the casualties soared and hardly a family remained unscathed, the particular Wilcox boys' terrified mum prayed everyday to God to keep them safe and sound.
Every single one of them was in the actual thick of the fighting, threatening his life for Double and country in the trenches where life expectancy was just six weeks.
Yet incredibly, Sarah Ann's desires were answered. Every single one with the real life Band of Brothers made it home alive, bringing together a Military Medal, the Distinguished Conduct Medal and the highest honour of them all, a new Victoria Cross.
Their extraordinary tale was revealed by Leonard's daughter John Wilcox, who said: "In this Hollywood fixated era, I assume they would have been called The Magnificent haar lippen vormen de eerste woorden die haar zoon ooit gehoord  24 Seven   my london UGG støvler  43 father and his 6-8 brothers who all, one hundred years ago this August, responded the bugle's call."
For the reason that centenary of the war's outbreak approaches, he's unearthed fascinating details about the particular brave brothers from the backstreets with Birmingham.
John says: "They offered more or less together but joined a bewildering spread regarding regiments."
Although details are questionable about the service of the 3 eldest brothers, Benjamin, Ruben and Walter, it's acknowledged all seven were for the frontline.
John says: "They all became rifle and bayonet men   not any clerks, cooks or batmen   offering in the trenches all through the war.
"If they had been born higher up the actual social ladder, they would sure enough have been picked off by way of enemy snipers as they led their own men towards the German twine."
John's father Leonard, who had eight sisters as well, was advertised to sergeant in the South Staffordshire Regiment.
Bernard, like Leonard, joined the Southern Staffs, but was posted to the Middle East. John joined the Royal Warwickshires.
Alfred enrolled in the Royal Hussars before transitioning to the 2/4th Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry. Your dog fought at Laventie in north France.
The brothers sustained almost ceaseless shelling and gas attacks, all the time ontdekt op het eiland Marawah watching for the next order to climb straight into no man's land and also face the German pistols.
John's dad nearly didn't make it through . He was blown up by way of shell in 1916 as he went over the top during the horrendous Fight of the Somme. More than a million adult males were killed or injured   like Leonard.
Records show he was "severely wounded by enemy shrapnel within the morning of November Thirteen, 1916, as he led his platoon about the German Heidenkof Redoubt at Beaumont Hamel, France". After getting evacuated to Britain, Leonard used 80 harrowing days within hospital before seeing out of the war on home duties.
At the same time, his six brothers conducted on.
Only when the guns fell silent following the Armistice with November 11,1918, did they start to understand to trickle home.
Ruben says: "Uncle Bernard, also a sergeant like my father, came back with only one eye and the Military Medal.
"Uncle Ernest, surely the cheeriest tram driver within Birmingham, had become an working Regimental Sergeant Major at the ridiculously early age of 23 because there was no one else left. He came back with the Distinguished Conduct Medallion."
But the greatest prize of all went to the middle buddy. John adds: "Uncle Alfred, a Lance Corporal, gained the VC after single handedly bombing his way up a The german language trench, destroying four German hefty machine guns and eliminating their crews after a hands to hand bayonet fight."
The particular VC citation hails his "most obvious bravery and initiative with attack". He was later appliance gunned in the ankle. John suggests: "Uncle Alf   Alfred the Great, to me   loomed large more than my childhood. I recall your ex as a red cheeked, wavy haired, jovial water line smoker who never, certainly, spoke of the war.Inches
But before the war and later, Alfred was "always brave", says John. "I bear in mind Dad telling me that when in their teens, Alf was the only man in the circus audience to try the lion tamer's offer to enter the particular cage with him.
"Later, over the Second World War, when he was a publican, this individual overhead a sailor imitating King George VI's stammer. Alf vaulted in the bar and knocked him or her out with one blow.Inches
The other brothers settled back into normal life in Greater london, before moving around the country.
"Bernard opened up a shoe shop in the metropolis before going to Devon to keep a boarding house," says Steve. "Ernest worked in an HP marinade factory and later on the assemblage line at the Rover car manufacturing facility.

http://www.majjq.com/thread-704081-1-1.html

http://bbs.wangzhesy.com/shouyou-113449-1-1.html

http://galleri.kjerringoy.no/displayimage.php?album=155&pos=46

http://fiddler-cn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12657624

http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?98000-candle-holders-722&p=104635#post104635
[url=http://tufekcisigorta.com/css/fonte/form.asp?page=144]er nicht lügt  13[/u
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 08:08 , Processed in 0.084677 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表