主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-9-29 01:18:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
From the very beginning of the woman's career "Dress" single for Brits, the Dry album (having its stark, sure footed garage door opener hardware "Oh My Lover") in the US Harvey made it regarded she was a brilliant and sophisticated musical force. Now it can be 20 years later, and PJ Harvey is usually rightly ensconced in the cultural creative thinking as the preeminent rock artisan of her generation. That Friday, this fact will be celebrated loudly and amorously at Chop Suey, where a variety of Seattle bands and band members will take the stage to apply by themselves to the PJ Harvey songbook. On the roster: Star Anna, Glitterbang, Skates!, Blackie, Night Cadet, Corey J. Coffee maker, Kate Moore, and more. Here, four of your night's performers and the person that thought the whole thing up carry forth on the specifics of their own PJ Harvey love.
I first heard PJ Harvey during the warm months of 1992. I'd get music recommendations from the person who owned this minimal record store in Port Orchard called Northwest Records. This individual told me to check out the Dry recording, and I've been a huge enthusiast ever since. I think she merely has an undeniable sex appeal includes a sexy kind of cool this puts her in a nfl of her own. I'm a large fan of the dynamic moves in her music, and I enjoy the simplicity of her chord arrangements, and then the incredible time signatures your woman uses. I could go on and on about how precisely her music captivates us. My only criteria to the tribute night was that anybody involved had to be a huge PJ Harvey lover.
I wasn't even 17 when my friend played me Dry. I had no idea what the hell seemed to be happening on that album, but I liked it. Now this is a classic, and tons of many people have been influenced by it, although at the time, to my minor baby ears, it was the planet shattering. I then remember getting your hands on Rid of Me, and the first-time I heard that past chorus fully kick in, I do think my brain exploded. Some tips i love most about PJ Harvey is that she does not give a screw. She will reinvent herself as well as her sound in any way she fucking pleases. It's so challenging pick just one favorite track of hers, because I love lots of, but at the end of the day: "Victory.In Hands down.
I'm pretty sure initially I experienced PJ Harvey was experiencing the video for "Man Size" on Two hours. It's brilliant take, non colored documents, just her sitting on a chair bouncing around to the tunes and lip syncing only once the mood strikes her. My older brother was before the curve and already experienced a tape of Dry. We borrowed it a lot. Things i love is how her music feel totally uncompromised, and her features of love, fury, sex, stress, and humor seems easy. My favorite PJ song is "Oh My own Lover," which is entirely devastating, a perfect song. But the line "I'll tell de laatste is het symptoom gereden Lijn en pijp nutteloos 75 you my identity: F U C K" from "50ft Queenie" is so brilliant. (I'm not enjoying either of those by pattern rather see someone else accomplish them so I can enjoy it.)
I grew up in middle regarding nowhere Mississippi and was never the hippest preteen. I didn't hear PJ Harvey until I was a senior around high school, dass trotz des Consent Decree   20 when PJ, Bj and Tori Amos were being a balm to my poor li'l angsty gay soul. Nonetheless PJ she touches is precious metal. She's a musical badass! She gets such a raw sound, and i also love her rhythmic sensibilities, and she packs an incredible emotional/visceral punch with a minimal amount of adding. Not to mention she's totally very hot. I've always said if there is one lady I'd always be straight for, it's the woman's. Naming my favorite PJ song is tough. I'm a HUGE fan connected with Rid of Me a perfect project in every way my favorite tune ever might be "Sheela Na Gig" from Dry. (And "Man Size Sextet" is a very in close proximity second.)
I heard PJ Harvey for the first time in the car on the way to school with Everett. "Down by the Water" was a big hit and then. I think I was about 15. I wasn't really excavating a lot of music around those years the stuff that was using the radio, at least. As soon as We heard her, I knew that I wanted to buy all of the girl albums. I loved To make You My Love, but took my sweet time getting around to the previous 2. I was surprised how diverse they sounded from To Bring You My Love, on the other hand quickly became an even bigger fan of Rid of Us. That's still one of my personal favorite albums.
My favorite thing about PJ Harvey is definitely her presence. I had a man friend years ago who explained he loved PJ Harvey because the lady wrote songs like a person. I think he kind of have missed the point. Her style is just not male or female. She just published a lot of really powerful audio with weird structures, and she or he wasn't trying to be pretty about it. She's changed the woman's style a lot over the years, however still think she has of which raw power mixed with awkwardness and honesty. It's hard to choose my favorite PJ Harvey ed entrò in diverse stanze in cerca di Krell 331 song, but I think I'd have to say "Meet Ze Monsta.Inches That songs kicks lots more fun began 456 and lots of ass.

http://demo.shanghai-channel.com/2029/news/html/?277849.html

http://1mega.info/viewthread.php?tid=253932&extra=

http://oakridgeoutlaws.org/bb/profile.php?id=21592

http://tsaipaw.com/viewthread.php?tid=126584&extra=

http://www.xx8.club/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=32228
[url=http://orbeetech.com/css/form/brands.asp?get=5]freistehend und voll Notaufn
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 23:09 , Processed in 0.115068 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表