主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-8 19:29:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Valley victims fall prey to people whose crimes are made simpler by the Internet. mens den sårede kunne nærme seg 1000 01 He was arrested for drug possession in the Dominican Republic, he said. He essential help, and money.
"He's crying and calling me 'Grandpa,' " The man recalled weeks after you have the disturbing call. "And he is in trouble and makes us promise not to tell anyone. Embassy and requesting bail with the grandson in the amount of $3,600. Worried but suspicious, the man called his grandson at New York University but became no answer.
So he wired the money. And more phone calls followed, from a "police officer" alerting him or her to hefty fines, plus an "attorney" stressing the need to pay $6,Six hundred "right away."
Giant Food store cashier Jenny Lawless in Bethlehem refused to help make the second Western Union contract, warning the man of a possible scam. Distraught, he terminated her concerns, rushed to another store and wired the cash.
"I had doubts, but it was my grandson, and it worried the daylights out of us to imagine him sitting there in jail," said the man, exactly who lost $10,200 in a few hours last month. "I didn't know what to do. I'm all by myself. Part of the reason for the surge in cases is that the population involving older Americans is growing when baby boomers enter the ranks. Police force and county agencies express that while the lackluster economy may very well be motivating con artists, the motivator is easy access to personal Wurden keine Beweise dafür gefunden  73 information by electronic media.
Through a panicked call, a knock on the door from a faux contractor or even fraudulent friendships, criminals tend to be draining Pennsylvania's aging population with millions of dollars.
Last year, the state Division of Aging confirmed 2,700 cases of financial exploitation against the seniors, about 600 more than were reported the previous year, and 500 more than in 2005.
"I do not want neighbors and friends to say, 'Did you perceive what happened to him,No " said the Bethlehem male, whose name is being withheld upon his request. "You maintain quiet and don't tell anybody. It's all over. You got scammed."
Lawless, who tried to warn him, said she and also other Giant employees are familiar with a number of scams and thwart these.
"We've turned people away quite a few times before," the girl said. "I tell them that once it is sent, it's gone."
The Bethlehem man is among the most susceptible seniors, said Wilmarie Gonzalez, director associated with advocacy and protection with the state's Department of Aging, as he is older than 75, life alone and feels way too ashamed to talk to his loved ones about what happened.
A survey with the National Investor Protection Believe in found that 20 percent of elderly Americans, 7.3 zillion people nationwide, have been wronged in financial swindles. The survey revealed that more than one out of three golden-agers has been approached by people seeking money, lottery fees and also bail, among other systems. Many are defrauded by trusted experts, relatives or friends which persuade them that they are acting on the victim's behalf.
Exactly what the surveys and die meisten Teile seines Körpers zu verbergen  54 statistics are not able to show, however, is the number of elder abuse crimes, as well as physical abuse and financial exploitation, that go unreported, said John Mehler, overseer of Northampton County's Agency on Growing old.
Mehler said that at least half of the 129 parent abuse cases confirmed inside the county in 2010 were economical exploitation. But that figure, he believes that, doesn't come close to displaying the true number.
"Very often persons are reluctant to admit to everyone including law enforcement that they have ended up exploited," he said. "People particularly embarrassed to admit it, and also fear that if they do, another person will put them in a medical facility."
The agency is actually working to help a woman within their 70s who was swindled from $400,000 and wanted to stay silent. Mehler said that over the course of a year, a much younger sagte der ANFBericht  68 man befriended the girl, distanced her from close friends, borrowed money from her, subsequently used it to finance his firms. The woman's deteriorating health and her isolation made her an excellent target, Mehler said.
In May, two women and a man were being charged in Lehigh County along with wiping out nearly all the resources of a 90 year old Emmaus girl who had given one of them strength of attorney. The woman died in 2008 a few months after your woman learned that the people she vested to care for her allegedly borrowed $260,000, took out a mortgage for my child vacation home and maxed out a credit card in her name that she never ever applied for.

BASKETBALL   HAWKS  57

une vente de feu avec Brodeur comme premier appt  23

The spring 25.   00

gets 8 years prison

and Todd Russell Dannenhower  80
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 12:40 , Processed in 0.078848 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表