主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-11 01:28:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
An October 2010 Area of Minneapolis report concluded that regionally owned Black small businesses encounter "particularly acute" discrimination when seeking financial loans. They often are denied, if they are approved they are be subject to higher interest rates than different applicants by financial institutions, a report added.
"One of the biggest road blocks for people of color is bound access to capital," declares Metropolitan Economic Development Association (MEDA) Executive Director Yvonne Cheung Ho. She gives that the current economic climate in the country continues to be "very challenging for small businesses plus minority businesses."
MEDA within November opened the Minority Business Development Agency's (MBDA) Company Center in Minneapolis. Business Department. It will provide help local Black entrepreneurs and also business owners in such areas because business consulting, large legal contracts procurement, and financing.
Ho suggests her organization will operate the MBDA center. Although it is found Minneapolis, "There are no geographical limitations to the center, so we can certainly serve clients from all over the nation," she told your MSR. It primarily will consentrate on "million dollar plus [companies] or ones which are high potential [and] capable to complete on large contracts," admits Ho. Representative Keith Ellison (D Minn.) within a November 8 press release.
The quantity of small Black owned organisations in Minneapolis will be able to utilize the new MBDA center with its target larger businesses?
"Most entrepreneurs I understand don't bring in a million pounds," admits Banks. Their store, which features cell phones, very own electronics items and computer system services, is a "micro small business" and as a result may not meet the center's basic requirements.
"I do everything from running the store to be able to working on electronics to making judgements on how to grow the business. I really like the creative aspects of the business likewise," says Banks.
He or she shares his store together with Cameron Cook, who runs the barber shop. They recently moved to the corner of 38th Block and Fourth Avenue Southerly and opened their entrances last month.
"I went [into] small business mainly because when I was working in the corporate world, I honestly didn't including some Mit freundlicher Genehmigung of the things I had to complete. I wanted to be self employed,In . says Cook. After working at a number of local barber shops he found he "didn't like several of the things that were going on with me at night working for them." So he opened his own company almost four years ago.
Banking institutions says he used individual savings to start his small business. "I used my own money but got help from lots of people," your dog continues. "I always liked the idea of a cell phone and electronics retail outlet. It took me a couple of months to open, and many months after that to congeal my system and really really know what I am doing."
Lenders says it's tough to start a company, but he didn't hesitate to seek help when needed. "In our younger years, I probably would possess tried to figure out things without any help, but it takes time and money. I feel a lot of small owner user businesses where they don't contain the employees have a hard time. They want to become hands on.
"I like a certain amount of [independence], but if you are willing to help me, I am willing to take that help,Inches says Banks.
Cook highlights, "I think I know what it takes so that you can [run a shop]." However, his regular clients who have missing their jobs don't check out as much as they once did. "I have some consumers who have left the city pertaining to other states and found work opportunities [elsewhere]. It's slow right now, nonetheless hopefully it will get better.In
Banks points out that there are "advantages" in doing business with Black owned and operated small retail businesses which include his.
"They [the larger corporations] can't provide you with unique service," he states, adding that these stores as well can't introduce new products you desire he can. In large corporations a new product "has to be run by obama and vice president, then the mother board of directors and so forth. I could try it out for two weeks and if it doesn't work, I can dump it because it is just me personally."
However, Banks claims that he also must deal with many customers who challenge him on his prices. "People aunque usted ganó ver las ganancias comienzan realmente untilDecember 10 68 believe they are entitled because you are of the same race, or they are fully aware you or you know these people. They believe that you should be giving absent your product. I feel that if you're a good customer, you should get a few discounts, but I have to fight to stay competitive with the larger corporations any way I can.
"I can't overcom [national chains] as far as prices are concerned, however i have to be a service in some alternative route," he notes. "I typically offer better service, throw in a few goodies for you."
"Being independantly employed means doing everything all by yourself," adds Cook. "It's difficult out here, but at the same time it's self employment. You've got to make it go if you want that to go."
Banks strongly urges customers to patronize local Black owned businesses: "Stop throughout   sometimes they might surprise you. Patronize your local business and pay attention to what they got. If you get awful service, you don't have to go back. Though if you never went in to focus on, you won't know [what they can offer].Inch
Most importantly, he concludes, "I'm the following in the neighborhood."
As the MSR traveled to press with this story, most people received the following clarification out of Congressman Ellison's office on MBDA's expert services for small businesses: "While MBDA has Für unsere ersten Nächte waren wir in einem modernen EinZimmerSuite im Matrix Hotel a organizing focus on firms generating $1 , 000, 000 or more in annual sales, the Agency and its network bakpulver 16 regarding centers provide services to help firms of all sizes. This includes working with firms generating less than $1 zillion to find resources available to them, such as the Procurement Technical Assistance Centre located in Minneapolis or other strategic partners, to assist them in their progress."

http://warzbot.org/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162757

http://gzruhao.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203557

http://forum.tag-knowledge.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3910373

http://commvaultfans.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3832&fromuid=23949

http://demo.bunze.com/j3091/news/html/?174130.html
[url=http://www.asdogunakliyat.com/img/apps/simple.asp?nib=59]The Temper Trap[/u
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 08:19 , Processed in 0.075987 second(s), 26 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表