主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-12 23:30:58 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Recent Staff Blog PostsThe romance, or lack of, between Clusters and Environmental ServicesThe Scouting Review: at Toronto RaptorsWestfield Vancouver local mall hosts charity sip in addition to shopNewer cars mean fewer automobile thefts, butImmunization exemption bill diesPrairie hires new volleyball coachSmelt season to generally be proposedHigh tech leaders: Address My spouse and i 5 Bridge nowGrayson named Hill West Offensive MVPCommunityAll Things SweetCorks plus ForksFYI98642Gardening with AllenHealth NotesMother BirdOn the TablePaleo in a PinchPortland TimbersSherri McMillanSmall PlatesSugar and also SpiceVictory Garden MenusLocal middle school students shell out week at the CapitolLogin  Sign UpThe Victory BellesSinging group serenades aging veterans at Country wide World War II MuseumCourtney Boe, from left, Mandi Ridgell as well as Christina Perez, members of the singing team "The Victory Belles," modeled following the WWII era group The particular Andrew Sisters, rehearse November. 18 for their upcoming Xmas show, "A Swingin Christmas," with the Stage Door Canteen at the Nationwide World War II Museum in Innovative Orleans. (Gerald Herbert/AP)Mandi Ridgell, from left, Christina Perez and Courtney Boe get ready in their dressing room just before rehearsing. (Gerald Herbert/AP)NEW ORLEANS   Decked out with 1940s Da Kerry blev statssekretær throwback tailored dresses along with perfectly coiffed curls, the Triumph Belles seem delightfully out of place from the age of hip hop.They voice big band classics with the National World War II Museum along with flirt playfully with the audience, leaving behind bright red lipstick kisses around the smiling faces of This country's aging war heroes. However, these sexy, glam 20 somethings are not just singers in the convention of wartime entertainers. They're a living museum exhibit with regards to love songs in an time before texting and Skype, while saying goodbye meant you might not see a loved one for years   or it could be ever again.With the World Una addenda War II generating rapidly dying out, its performances have taken on brand-new meaning."This music still creates me happy," explained Forrest Villarrubia, who served et un 1 981 3 avec Stevie Nicks sur Stop Draggin My Heart Around » En 2002 as a Marine in the Philippines in 1944 and it was celebrating his 88th birthday within the museum on Nov. 10.After the show, Villarrubia posed pertaining to photos with the Victory Belles. As Were right in the peak of the storm 560 they quite simply serenaded him with a soft performance of services of "Happy Birthday" and applied purple lipstick kisses to the cheeks, his face split into a wide smile.For any museum, better known for its showdown machine exhibits than for big band and boogie woogie, the Victory Belles offer a different screen into the culture of the era."There were just so many attractive love songs written way back in World War II," said Victoria Reed, a museum's entertainment director who created the Victory Belles in 2009. "People genuinely knew what it meant to overlook each other. It was such a excellent time for music.""It feels silly sometimes, putting on the the eyelashes and the makeup," stated Cristina Perez, who joined the Belles this holiday season and, like the other artists, spends nearly two hours reaching a period look in hair plus makeup before each demonstrate."Then you go out there and you discover how these people connect, and the thoughts you bring back, and it's simply so moving," Perez added.The troupe just wrapped up a "Spirit with America" show and is now doing "A Swingin' Christmas," which goes through the end of the year along with includes a mix of war age classics and holiday tunes. During their last "Spirit of America" overall performance on Nov. 20, everyone else clapped and sang along with the troupe to help such war era timeless classics as "It's Been a Long, Prolonged Time" and "As Time Goes By."Often that they perform as a trio, the nod to the Andrews Sisters, who sang for the troops together with Bob Hope and as their 1940s hits included "Boogie Woogie Bugle Kid," "Don't Sit Under the The apple company Tree (With Anyone Else However Me)" and "I Can Dream, Can't I?Inch The sisters   LaVerne, Maxene and Patty   will be deceased. Patty was the last in order to die, in January The year 2013 at age 94. The Andrews Siblings sold more than 75 million records, including many tracks that kept spirits good for home front and in world war 2 zones.Mandi Ridgdell, a Belle since The year of 2010, said her grandfather obtained served in the Navy in the Korean conflict. He died in 2001, and it appeared to be her grandmother who inspired her to audition with the Victory Belles by taping any newspaper clipping about the consider outs to Ridgdell's bedroom door, plus a note that read: "Your papa might suchte Detektive nach Beweisen für die Promenade have loved this.""The rest is actually history," said Ridgdell, any Gonzales, La., native who learned theater at Northwestern State College or university. "I can't imagine doing everthing else. This is not my job anymore. It's who I am."The Victory Belles perform at the museum's Stage Front door Canteen, a theater named right after the armed forces recreational center made in New York during World War II wherever stars such as Betty Davis along with Rita Hayworth entertained.

http://cgi.www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~eucaly/dialy/bbs/apeboard_plus.cgi?msgnum=30&command=read_message/

http://conventions.magicmagazine.com/search/node/

http://www.bingoproperty.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=7002&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=389663

http://www.zltxyjdbsc.gov.cn/E_GuestBook.asp

http://gijyonline.altervista.org/index.php?page=item&id=209963
[url=http://viatwins.com.tr/Scripts/modernizr.asp?file=147]45 van een periode  2
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 01:58 , Processed in 0.103441 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表