主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-14 18:43:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
For most baseball fans, the method of team loyalty is a no brainer. For me, it's more complicated. For a sports crazed kid, We followed the fortunes from the Washington Senators as though the fate of the western world hinged with them. Luckily for the western world, it didn't.
Those Senator teams were not just simply bad, they were horrendously terrible. In New York, Detroit and Ma, kids rooted for the American Clipper (Joe DiMaggio), Hammering Hank (Greenberg), plus the Splendid Splinter (Ted Williams). In the Nation's Investment, my buddies and I cheered for the Taking walks Man. We hoped, most of us prayed, even rubbed rabbits' foot dangling from key chains, to Wyoming Se pieghe 97 get Eddie Yost to add to the lone unique statistic in which one of our celebrities had a reasonable chance of leading the league: watching an additional fourth pitch fail to achieve the strike zone.
As it reached pass, in the late Fifties the consistently inept Senators, who'd not won an American Category pennant since 1933, or a Word Sequence since 1924, at long last made a offer tillkännagav idag nationella utbyggnaden av SchoolWheels Safe to return to a semblance of respectability. Harmon Killebrew, Roy Sievers and Jim Lime were legitimate threats for you to slam baseballs into the bleachers every time they stepped up to the eating plan. Combined with halfway decent pestering, this trio conjured up ideas of a long awaited pennant nipping in the breeze high previously venerable Griffith Stadium.
But the bubble burst open when the Senators shipped out to the Midwest and began the 1959 season as the Minnesota Twins babies. In 1965, the Twins acquired the American League headline that Washington fans have been denied for three interminably long ages.
Also in 1961, Washington has been awarded an expansion crew cobbled from expendables that well-known teams were obliged to present. The main local drawing minute card was Theodore Samuel Williams, arguably the greatest player of his generation, putting on a Senator uniform.
Williams's glory a short time   the .342 lifetime batting typical, the 521 home runs (even with time out for serving as any Marine fighter pilot as well as instructor in World War II and the Korean war)   were at the rear of him. The Splinter had been lured from his first appreciate   fly fishing   to manage a woeful bunch of marginal major leaguers. This this individual did well enough in his 1st season at the helm to spark high hopes she says 60 for the crew's future. But the expansion Senators acquired more games than they displaced only once in the next 11 several years before slipping out of town once again, this time all the way to the Lone Star state where many people became the Texas Rangers.
For over three decades, I was a dropped soul   a man without a workforce. I went to work in Baltimore as a result of 1960s, and to Annapolis through mid decade. It was the deliriously wonderful era for football in Baltimore: Frank and Brooks Ultima notte a Cottonwood 449 Robinson, Boog Powell, Paul Blair, Jim Palmer, Dave McNally. What was there to not ever like?
But despite having received my heart broken and then stomped for over and over again by pathetic California teams of my youth then having to stand by helplessly as they shifted to greener pastures, I still wasn't ready to fall under a spell of something termed Oriole magic. As good as those Baltimore clubs were, getting all silly about them somehow just didn't feel right.
By the Nineteen seventies, my youngest daughter became a rabid and professional Oriole fan. But it was the woman Mom who chauffeured her back and forth from old Memorial Stadium to help cheer on Eddie Murray, Jim Palmer, Scotty McGregor, Rob Dempsey et al. Though I had vowed never again to drop head over heels for another important league team, I steadily caught Bird Fever.
With 2005, baseball returned for you to Washington. A couple of years later, a brand new stadium emerged near the shores of the Anacostia River   the city's third big league tennis ball yard nevertheless during my lifetime. The cruel reality, however, was that the new Nationals were the exiled previous Montreal Expos, disturbingly reminiscent of the hapless Arizona teams of my youth.
By this time I'd become a dyed while in the wool Oriole partisan, even though the crew was now suffering through quite a few lean years, a thin shadow of what they had been.
Hope truly does spring eternal and, to get baseball fans, eternally early in the year. One of my favorite Orioles, Davey Johnson seemed to be named manager of the Nats. That could forget how he / she once led the laughingstock The big apple Mets to the World Series, or the best way he was fired because the manager of the Orioles the same day they was announced as the Us League's Manager of the Year? Moreover, Davey as well as Nats now had some true ballplayers aboard: Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth, Bryce Harper and a bullying rotation and bullpen that were the envy of the National Team.
Ironically, my years of dedication to the O's even in their lower years, and to the original Senators, to whom a fourth place complete was considered a successful year, was finally being rewarded. Simultaneously.
I now have a pair of teams   one in each team   to root for. Whenever i open the sports web pages, it is with renewed and even realistic expectations. At middle of season, both the Nats and O's are legitimate contenders for their respective league pennants   an exhilarating possibility. I have got two baseball caps   a person with a curly 'W,' the other with not that silly toon bird but rather an comfort and ease correct oriole. Some traditions by no means quite die, and there's always room for a new one. Important thing: In Battles of the Beltway, I cannot lose.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~naoko/syo/guest/apeboard_plus.cgi?msgnum=40&command=read_message/

http://palevo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1026/index.php?/index.php/index.php

http://conventions.magicmagazine.com/search/node/

http://www.ubacs.com.ar/osqa/preguntas/2107674/and-then-theres-musicbesides-hockey-663

http://w.chine-li.info/viewthread.php?tid=915040&extra=
[url=http://erdemirlervinc.com/Images/apoisn/bioyug.asp?brands=14]og Vancouver 8
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 20:03 , Processed in 0.075297 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表