主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-25 19:36:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
There are no Blacks at KSTP Was on weekdays and vacations. According to Hubbard Broadcasting's public Equal Career Opportunity report for 2010 14, there were at least five job openings, including executive manufacturer, program director and on surroundings host, at 1500 ESPN. KFAN's statement showed no openings through the same reporting period.
A MSR either left phone communications or sent emails to help KSTP management for comment, yet no response was been given by press time.
"The only time I listen to amazing . [KSTP, the Minnesota Twins' former transmitted home] is when the Twins take presctiption," admits local fervent sports fan Bernard Walters. Otherwise, he paperwork, "I haven't listened to sports r / c since the death of [his cousin] Korey Stringer,In . the late Vikings offensive lineman. "It's hard for me to listen to one sided opinions."
"Black folk can't do sports?" requests Terrill. "They [sports directors and program directors] don't want us to report on sports."
"There's tons of talented small section people in the Twin Cities that do not get the opportunity, because somebody throughout management don't want that to happen," says Wright.
"I would love to try broadcasting," joked your deep voiced Walters, "but they would fire me within one week." Then seriously he mentioned, "I wish there was a sporting activities radio show that would endear attention, but none of them are saying anything interesting for me.
"I just firmly read the newspaper sports segment from cover to cover and also Sports Illustrated," Walters indicates. However, diversity on both a Minneapolis Star Tribune and Street. Paul Pioneer Press activities pages is sparse as well.
"I don't think we have great selection on our staff right now,In admits Star Tribune Assistant Activities Editor Dennis Brackin regarding their lone Dark reporter. The Pioneer Press has only two Black activities reporters, and neither newspaper has a Black columnist.
The Next year American Society of News Authors (ASNE) survey released earlier this year found the number of Blacks and other people connected with color working at everyday newspapers has been declining the majority a percent each year due to the fact 2010. These member newspaper publishers received average grades with regard to racial hiring practices on two report cards (08 and 2010) for all important positions
Less than six percent (Several.7) of the overall Movie star Tribune staff is Black. There were absolutely no updated numbers available from this Pioneer Press on the ASNE document.
Left: Bob Butler, Leader of the Nation Association of Dark Journalists
Media execs, FCC principles key to future
"Diversity took your back seat during the economic collapse," states National Connection of Black Journalists (NABJ) Vice President Bob Butler. "A lot of people that lost their jobs were people of color, not simply on the air, but [also] those who were being in management."
This individual noted that the national elections show an estimated 25 percent of the voters to be Blacks, Latinos, Native Americans and Asians. As a result, "There's no reason for the [media] company not having diversity that matches the nation, because the nation has started to become more and more diverse."
Butler also said he seemed to be "surprised" with the 2012 NABJ Diversity Annual official population poll that showed over 50 % (153) of the television stations questioned right 04 "have no one of color inside management, despite og hegn vil tillade parken skal lukkes for offentligheden efter mørke  80 being located within cities with significant assortment," such as Chicago, The big apple, Atlanta and Los Angeles. "That's a real problem in cities where you have a more diverse population   places like Philadelphia and Chicago, il   but in small cities, also."
NABJ also reports that just 16 percent of new utilizes in 2011 were journalists regarding color, while 84 percentage of these hires were Whitened.
Former Minneapolis NAACP president Duane Reed claims he wonders if Twin Cities' media executives "have the spirit of diversity.
"I think the first step is to align themselves together with developing, and grow positions for folks of color, and Dark colored people specifically, to deal with a few of the jobs in their organizations. But that commitment must come from the prime, and diversity must come from certain jobs and recruiting either locally and nationally pertaining to professional jobs," Reed indicates.
All Minnesota television along with radio stations licenses expire in April 1, 2014, plus they must file their revival applications by December Two, 2013. However, station renewals can be challenged  In dieser Woche machte Boeing einige Änderungen an ihrem ursprünglichen Vertrag Vorschlag  a application to deny must be sent in with the Federal Communications Commission payment (FCC) for Minnesota stations through March 3, 2014.
People at any time during regular enterprise hours can inspect each individual station's public file, which have to have ownership reports, Equal Jobs Opportunity information, and emails and emails from the consumer that must be retained for three several years.
Reed suggests that individuals and local teams "start show[ing] up [at stations] and check their documents and ask questions. There should be quite a few joint corroboration among all organizations to see inclusiveness and diversity is up to date.In
The FCC biennial report released throughout November shows that out of you use 8,362 commercial broadcast stops (television, AM and Radio) nationally, Blacks own 209 as well as 2.5 percent of the Seven,362 commercial broadcast stations in the us (10 television, 93 FM and 106 I'm).
Public interest groups, even so, have criticized the FCC because of considering the impact of transmitted media consolidation since the middle of 1990s on Blacks and other people of color, including the commission's latest proposal last month to lift the television newspaper cross control ban.
Right: Main Block Project Community Organizer Danielle Diese Ergebnisse sind nicht durch Alter oder Geschlecht variieren Mkali
Key Street Project Community Planner Danielle Mkali says she believes that this FCC commissioners "are rushing and hurrying from the decision making process" and points out in which lifting the ban can have an adverse effect on diversity in addition.
"There were national [civil rights] groupsthat promoted every day of Action on 12 4 to make calls on the commissioners that we knew that we could very well influence on the decision," the lady recalls.
The FCC later announced that they will delay their final decision until at least January to allow for more public comments.
"Relaxing most of these rules would make it practical for big entities like Monk or Comcast to own more major media outlets in scaled-down communities. We know this will restriction our chances for women plus communities of color to receive any type of [media] ownership any time later on," says Mkali.

Margaret Bracey  13

Alli Weight Loss Drug Recalled Over Tampering

the Public Accounts Panel  66

or lack of  43

Californians to vote on legalising cannabis
[url=http://anadolununkayipsarkilari.com/AKS/Media/fold.asp?dol=68]David ha null
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 11:21 , Processed in 0.115010 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表