主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-28 18:26:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
I currently in senior high school in Canada and I contemplating becoming a mining engineer.
Some tips i read around the internet in web pages like yours makes the subject sound very good with good job prospects, salary and importance.
There is one aspect of exploration engineering however, that is creating me doubt whether I like my career or not. For a mining engineer would Need to constantly be moving around to isolated towns in the middle of nowhere?
Does it get boring to remain in isolated mines? Is there a chance of having the ability to keep a job near a significant city center or have you been required to be ready to pack up and then leave at the first call through the company?
I all about traveling but I don want to be doing it for the rest of my life, I like to subside with a wife and kids and that i doubting whether that is probable with a career like this, until I have the wrong idea.
Everything about the field sounds great apart from the notion that I may not be able to enjoy a stable city life occasionally.
Other than this I was also contemplating civil engineering, what is your advice? Does mining technological innovation sound like the career for me? Your advice would be appreciated.
Any idea what? Is mining engineering a superb career choice, or will isolation and frequent steps make this too difficult a job for a lot of?
Let us know what you think in the opinions below!
Related Advice along with InsightMining Engineer salaries in To the south AmericaSchool subjects and getting into engineeringIs generally there really a place for women inside the Mining Industry?How Social Media can cost you your job
i Mohammad, Twenty eight from Iran, a mine expert (Msc in mineral processing)
prospecting jobs are hard and usually not even close big cites. of course you can find mines close to cities. mining websites are usually dusty, noisy and a few extent dangerous. if i came back to high school i would choose something else entirely. you know you can find better jobs and enjoy your life. og vi vil forsøge at gøre noget godt for dit hoved 64 choose a work opportunities that not make you live out with city and people. i recommend you not necessarily choose jobs like these which isolate you from people. actually don do this!!!
finally ,apologies for my bad English!
My spouse and i 24 year old, married, enjoying my life and yes i your mining engineer working in the far north of Quebec, canada ,. How comes ?
I working away at a 3 2 program, it means that i working 21 days in the mine site and i also 2 weeks off. It best if you like to travel. I situated in a big city, i have a household there, a wife and a life. Beeing a mining manufacture doesn mean that you be far from town all the time, There some sacrifices to do specially in the begining of your career.
Wear forget also that being a prospecting engineer don oblige anyone to work on a mine web-site, you can work as consultant within a big city. Then your pay will be nearly the same as any other senior eng. in any other engineering arena.
The fun in mining in my opinion is the fact of being in the area, facing problems, doing planing, modifying schedules and budgets, addressing the unknown ! Because you dealing with something that you don realy know untill anyone dig 5 milliards  seront attribués aux 11 autres sociétés dans le Michigan to it and you have them in front of you.
You not obliged neither to pack that often, if you like your employment you can stay as long as you need. But don forget, a new mine can close as quickly as it opens. Choose a good company with a stable generation if you want to avoid packing. Yes because in mining it is possible to CHOOSE. This is a luxury edge that you don have throughout other industries.
All in all, as a mining engineer is something that not everyone can do, it comes with a few sacrificies that you should be aware from right now, but the result at the end of great benefit for me.
We can have something we want in our life at the moment we should have it. Planing your life is the key. People young i guess and you have a great deal of experience to get. If you somebody who likes challenges mining is a wonderful field for you, if you want to have a booring life behind a workspace since your graduation mining is not really for you. Also if you search for ONLY money from to be a mining engineer and issues are not on your stimulating factors list, please avoid mining, for you and for your collegues.
2. work in consulting business
The two points are quite distinctive, exactly in the point you are afraid of. When you are working in the actual underground mines, of cause you adhere to the rhythm of the mine. This could be faraway form civilization but not necessarily. There are also mines near places. My husband for example works in Teniente (about 1 hour from Rancagua, Chile) along with comes all days both at home and we have a happy family too. I know people working in these types of mines faraway from everything but they function 10 days and have 10 days no cost (alternatively 7:7) and they've families as well.
In the visiting industry your normally building less money but you have altering projects and so changing problems as well. Where I am functioning the mining engineers virtually don't leave office. They certainly the calculate  and modeling work. The geologist and technical geologist are the type of who are making the fieldwork.
I will be 55, was born on a mine from an artisan met papieren ingediend in augustus 2011  67 pops and shop clerk new mother.
Those years we were living on the poor side of the railway tracks and the professionals were on the other side of the railway tracks. We were not allowed to combine with the rich kids, since we were the poor kids. All artisans and miners were very poor, only the management were abundant. My father told me then we must study to be a exploration engineer, that way I would join in on the management and also stay with the side of the railway songs.
That was true, I did examine hard and finally became part of that
Now that I am going into the last part of my occupation and look back over the years I can, with respect, say that everything has changed since then.
I have seen it all, and lived it all, I do not learn anything else. I made up my mind on the age of 18 years to strive, study hard and I will get to the top, which I did. The plan is to retire in five years at 60. The mining industry looked after me and my family very well however had to give my single pound of flesh, (maybe a couple of tons), but it was many worth it. I made a number of mistakes in my life, nonetheless every time came out stronger on the other hand. The first 10 years it is setting up a career, then family life suffers, the second 10 years will be to position yourself in a much more stable environment, and the previous 15 years it was more setting up and company strategic difficulties (more office work and conference rooms). The last few years I left the particular operational and corporate environment to complete more consulting work. This is my back to the industry occasion, and teach other people. Time for you to put my vast experience to good use (I have been within India for 3 years and at this point in Russia for a year).
Mining is a tough online game, and made for iron adult males, but with today tools and equipment, it is in reality much easier as 20 to 30 years back. You must just go into it with an open mind, willing to find out. Patience must be your claims. I personally decided not to take a position, or maybe the next promotion, until I actually knew all that is required of that upcoming position, from miner to shiftboss to be able to mine overseer to subterranean manager to production office manager to mine manager as well as general manager, etc. Be careful to not fall into a trap to become a jet pilot that wants to touch down and take off just as before too quickly. Stay long enough within a job or position to learn all that is required to be a professional. Obtain all the necessary qualifications (technological and theoretical), onin addition 54 then make sure that you have the required experience (practical programs) at the right places to become a competent person. Also make certain that a competent person assess you each time to make sure that you are on the right track.

http://xiaopoyu.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14259&fromuid=774

http://bbs.renrenyiche.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19069

http://www.tonfull.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10637720

http://www.cimeicun.com/E_GuestBook.asp

http://www.youdeguoji.com/36/m8795957/
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 13:22 , Processed in 0.101668 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表