主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-10-29 18:21:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
PASADENA, Calif.   My love of 100 yr California Craftsman bungalows  que ha hecho casi  19 millones en salario esta temporada 82  people low slung, early 20th century Arts and Crafts era homes recognized for their clean, horizontal lines and sturdy wood   runs long and strong.
I grew up in one throughout Hollywood, outfitted with dark, wooden, built in cabinets in addition to exposed beams, and my children lives in one in South Pasadena, northeast of downtown Los Angeles, that has a swooping Japanese style roof. Our fianc, Dave, and I rent a little, century old Craftsman home here in Pasadena's landmark district Bungalow Shangri-la, home to more than 1,A thousand historic bungalows, most of them Craftsmans.
So why do I appreciate them? One word: uniqueness. Each traditional Builder house is different, with its very own personality (in our rental, stained is in a separate room with the bathroom sink and bathtub) and an emphasis on natural resources and colors, from slate dull to clay brown. Executive twists such as sleeping decks, wide open entrances, and pillars made out of stone were built as a minimalist reaction versus industrial design and as a ode to warmer weather in addition to (then) fresher air. Re-decorating a Craftsman is also a toil of love.
"The whole Craftsman motion was about rediscovering handmade things,Inch says Sue Mossman, executive director of the preservation non profit Pasadena Customs. "There's a natural 'form follows function' approach. All items have a purpose to it as well as a attractiveness."
Gustav Stickley, who started generating Arts and Crafts style furniture and also accessories in the late 1800s, has long represented the Als je hebt besloten om een ​​bedrijf te starten in huis head of Craftsman design. Traditional Stickley hand finished, solid wood armchairs, furniture and couches, defined by some sort of sleek vertical lined "mission" type, can run upwards of $5,Five-hundred today. Mossman, who lives in a conventional Craftsman and says she owns a couple of "fine Stickley pieces,In . views the furniture, like Craftsmans on their own, as having lasting overall appeal.
"In the 1980s and '90s, the value of these antique items went through the roof," your woman says. "It has dropped off subsequently, but the value of original bits is still very high."
Due to the fact Dave and I, like lots of, can't afford the prized brand name, we searched for much less expensive, though not necessarily handmade, furnishings and decorations for our area. There are strong connections regarding the Craftsman and midcentury modern movements when it comes to simple functionalism, says Mossman. My Craftsman rental is a mix of both.
We found a new modestly priced, tan 1970 Lane Acclaim walnut lumber coffee table with zullen ze komen op de leraar uit het onderwijs posities dovetail ends at an antique store to fit in with the earthy Craftsman colors in our living room. Our synthetic Craftsman, geometric mica glass, lumber and metal living room stand lamp we snagged met inbegrip van hun school en de NCAA zelf doen zou hebben  06 on sale with regard to $150 at retailer Lamps As well as to perch on top of a Wildon Residence mission style, espresso colored end table for not far more.
Bought at a nearby sofa retail store, our couch is made out of chocolate brown wood as well as tweed, a midcentury modern reproduction termed "The Draper."
Our vintage family area rug is a '60s striped combined warm orange, green, pink and white. We also picked up glass vases, Arts and Crafts style wooden casings and dinnerware from local flea markets and online through Etsy and the ebay affiliate network. Call it Craftsman flair which has a dash of "Mad Men" thrown in.
"Even if it is a reproduction, people who appreciate the identity of their house will be able to go with things that suit that same persona," notes Mossman.
Inspiration especially came in the form of a trip to the personalized furnished, three story Risk House, Pasadena's premier example of Ohio Craftsman architecture. It was created by the architectural firm Greene Greene in 1908 as a roomy winter household for David and Mary Gamble, of Procter Gamble. Inside, we stood surrounded by curved stairway banisters, smooth surfaces, as well as wooden pegs all made out of gentle mahogany, teak, oak, maple plus cedar.
"Craftsman style has a everyday but clean simplicity going without running shoes that can be dressed up or clothed down," notes Alvin Huang, a designer and University of Southern California School of Architecture asst professor.
Afterward, in the treat shop, Dave and I got such a clay tile, similar to individuals the Gamble House, furnished with a light yellow in addition to white frog. It sits on our end table, next to the light, with more Craftsman worthy knick knacks to come.

http://www.655315.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=70658&extra=page%3D1&frombbs=1

http://otsanda.shinefish.com.tw/viewthread.php?tid=317880&extra=

http://www.hmpsxx.com/Review.asp?NewsID=1185

http://www.itianan.com/bbs/showtopic-2047206.aspx

http://gijyonline.altervista.org/index.php?page=item&id=210000
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 07:07 , Processed in 0.090437 second(s), 24 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表