帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-7-28 20:13:24 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
How the man who rescued Gucci created his own billion

"It's much, much, harder starting from scratch," says Tom Ford on launching his or her own luxury fashion brand. Fresh off a transatlantic flight, but cheap oakley sunglasses wholesale nonetheless looking all facets the superstar designer, Ford is immaculate in a of his dark peaked lapel suits, using a blue tie and white shirt, fastened in the neck with a gold collar pin, all offset by glowing skin and perfectly manicured stubble.

"I was lacking any idea how hard it might be, and I have experienced every advantage that anyone could possibly have."

Indeed, with a fortune estimated at over $200 million (125 million), name recognition all over the world and invaluable experience at the creative helm of world brands Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, even the legendary Ford has already established to overcome some of the same challenges faced by every other fashion launch   albeit which has a significant gain.

"There was a large amount of me in Gucci, and plenty of me in Yves Saint Laurent. However, there were also a framework," according to him. "At Gucci, I'd a bamboo handle. I can stick it on anything and cheap oakley sunglasses wholesale it sold. A horse bit, I can stick it on anything also it was Gucci, or perhaps a red and green stripe."

Ford, 52, attained Gucci in 1990 as being a women's ready to wear designer. But things weren't going well with all the business. In 1993, Gucci lost $22 million on $230 million in sales. Maurizio Gucci, the founder's grandson, had over licensed the company into everything from ashtrays to coffee mugs.

Then in 1994, Ford was appointed the brand's creative director by rising new leader Domenico de Sole, who had the support of Gucci's new majority owner, Investcorp, a Bahrain based investment group. Left to his very own devices, Ford injected the emblem with a heady dose of sexy, cool glamour that took the structure industry by storm.

By 1999, Gucci was priced at more than $4 billion along attracted the eye of a number of the luxury industry's biggest business titans. Franois Pinault of PPR (now Kering) won the battle to the star brand name and its star designer.

On the cheap ray ban wayfarer other hand partnership has not been to last. A buying spree that brought Yves Saint Laurent, Boucheron and Stella McCartney to the Gucci stable was as well as an acrimonious and public parting of ways between Ford and PPR in 2004, following disagreements over charge of the business.

"I was undecided about what I'd do after [that] because, quite honestly, I was shell shocked. I was very depressed about it," says Ford. During the time, he told the press which he had no interest in returning to fashion and that he might turn his creativity with other activities.

But that has been then, this is now. Today, almost decade later, Ford is sitting in his intimate office at the global headquarters of Tom Ford International (TFI) in Howick Place, near Victoria Station. It's actually a dark, but perfectly lit room, as being a bar at a grand, five star hotel.

One hour earlier, Ford had stepped off a plane from Chicago, where he spends about 50 % of the year. Jack, his 10 month old son, is back at the ranch in Santa Fe, Boise state broncos, ray ban outlet with Richard Buckley, his partner of Two-and-a-half decades. Ford is in London for only three days to perform fittings for his Spring/Summer 2014 womenswear collection and to preview the first stand alone Tom Ford store london, which opened quietly on Sloane Street in July, as well as a splashy London Fashion Week party.

"By early 2014, when we continue to meet our business strategy plan, we will hit one billion dollars [a year] at retail of Tom Ford products," he reveals. "That's all of the products together: eyewear, fragrance, cosmetics, able to wear, women's and men's accessories. A billion dollars of product using the label Tom Ford into it will be selling at retail."

It is a staggering number. How did he undertake it? The short answer is: with a lot of work and a little the aid of his friends.

In 2005, Ford announced two global licensing deals: ray ban outlet with Marcolin for eyewear and Este Lauder for beauty. Whereas most luxury fashion businesses start out with very expensive internal ready to wear collections, the Tom Ford brand would launch with products at more accessible prices, run by trusted partners and requiring no cash investment from Ford himself, only his time, taste and sensibility. "I realised [the licensing deals] would keep my name very public, [so] when I chose to return into fashion it would even make my name bigger," he says. Menswear, together with Ermenegildo Zegna, followed right after. Then, in 2010, Ford made his long awaited resume womenswear. But choosing the best retail space was a very different challenge.

"I wanted the 1st store to stay in London," he recalls. "I would have to be either on Bond Street or Sloane Street where there [were] no properties available. When anything would come up, I'd enter a bidding war with LVMH, Richemont or Gucci Group. There was no way I possibly could compete." So Ford set his sights on New York instead, opening a lavish boutique on Madison Avenue.

Once a digital sceptic, recently the designer has become more keenly alert to how the internet has shaken in the fashion industry.

"I love black dresses, I do think everyone should own a lot, but black dresses don't sell online because using the pc they don't read like anything. Fashion changed so much because of the internet, not only because of the way it's reported, but a growing number of [because of] the way it's sold."

Ford realises the strength of the internet like a commercial vehicle and expects that his or her own online store will quickly become the top door for TFI globally if this launches early next year. Partially, he's arrived at this understanding through their own online behaviour.

"I live, I shop almost exclusively online," he states. "I've bought cars on the net. I watch a movie, I do everything about it. I even watch my son online," referring to the baby monitor camera app that he is able to check up on his iPhone.

He could be sanguine about the future of his business and seems genuinely pumped up about the prospects of his potential billion dollar brand.

"The company is profitable, it runs itself i don't have to sell paintings," he says jokingly, discussing the Andy Warhol self portrait that he sold for $32.6 000 0000 in 2010 to assist finance the expansion of TFI. "It needs a lot of the worries off of it."

ray ban outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap ray ban sunglasses uk

http://www.raybanoutlet-online.top
http://www.cheaprbsunglassesuk.top
http://www.rboutletonlinestore.top

ray ban sale 2016
ray ban sale
ray ban outlet online
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 14:41 , Processed in 0.113256 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表