帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-6-25 06:32:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Photographer profile

For the past four years Gary Ramage has travelled on / off with the United states of america and Australian Army in Afghanistan as being a civilian and news photographer   living being a soldier   and capturing images of battle for newspaper readers back home.

This image was taken in southern Afghanistan with Charlie Company in the Second Battalion Royal Australian Regiment. Photographer Gary Ramage was embedded with all the soldiers in Uruzgan Province and spent many weeks living with them. Gary said: "They were searching different buildings for weapons and IED caches. Since the guys were checking out the dust was kicking in the light plus it was just too good never to capture."

After five years as an infantry soldier, Gary utilized in the Australian Army public affairs service and trained as being a military photographer using the photographic public affairs unit.

He learnt stills photography using the wet process which has been favoured during those times for its portability and quick production within the field, along with black and white film, colour negative film and colour transparency film.

Then he did short trade detachments with television networks anf the husband is now the News Limited Group's chief photographer on the National Press Gallery in Parliament House in Canberra.

"I've been very lucky together with the access to the Australian soldiers and American soldiers I've embedded with in Afghanistan," Gary said.

"I think it's helped that I'm a former soldier  being together with the guys on the floor they seem to relax and be very confident with me in their presence, which is great given it frees me as much as earn their trust and have close to them, which Cheap Ray Ban UK then gives me better access and photographs for people back home to see what those boys are doing out there."

Gary won the Walkley Award last year for best broadcast camerawork for any three minute video piece with a battle he photographed between Australian soldiers and Taliban insurgents in southern Afghanistan. Even as explosions went off nearby and rocks flew past, Gary held firm.

"With your camera up at the eye when you find yourself photographing difficult situations along with bullets floating, I pretty much just concentrate on what I'm doing, which is to try and capture the best image I will," he was quoted saying.

It's only following a major battle, when Gary is reviewing the pictures, that he realises he's lucky being alive.

"I use a bad practice of switching on concentrate on the task accessible," he was quoted saying. "I'd be no good to anybody there if I was a basket case attempting to take photographs."

But Gary admits the experiences have got an Ray Ban outlet emotional toll. He avoids noisy and crowded social situations as well as doesn't generally mention his experiences with anyone apart from his wife.

"When you're there and you've seen this death everyday you sort of close everything out."

Halfway through his career, photo digital portrait photography kicked in. Decades on as well as the photography landscape couldn't become more different.

Gary now finds himself flanked by wannabe photographers who often understand little regarding the techniques of traditional photography, as well as professional photographers who've embraced smartphones over cameras.

Gary says: "I wouldn't voice it out undermines the art of photography. I do think what the technology does, specifically for a professional photographer working to make a living form their craft, is it's taken most of the skill out of the art form we've trained in."

"I don't think it's really the art which is suffering, I do think it's the photography lovers who are going to suffer in the end."

When Gary works well with News Ltd he makes use of the new Canon 1D X along with a Mark IV and outside of work hours he has several DSLR Canon 5D Mark II and Mark III camera bodies as part of his bag.

Commenting on his dramatic switch through the battlefields of Afghanistan on the halls of parliament in Canberra, Gary says shooting political pictures for every major daily newspaper provides both plenty of creative freedom and challenges.

"I ought to shoot to every one newspaper's style that may be challenging sometimes," Gary said. "I consider myself very lucky so that you can Ray Ban Wayfarer 90% off go every day with a camera inside my hand and capture photographs that will end up in the paper."

"Working within the press gallery is a reasonably challenge for all of us.

"We're always looking for new angles and new pictures because we photograph exactly the same politicians daily. Trying to find something innovative that will make the reader crunches and go 'what a pleasant picture' is the challenge that I set myself daily."

However, the Afghani memories will be top on mind.

"Everything's so raw and emotional and you're simply capturing imagery that defines a part of history," he stated.

"I consider myself quite lucky and privileged to get worked with some brilliant people who have obviously maintained me and saved my life on numerous occasions.

Ray Ban sunglasses discount
Ray Ban UK
Ray Ban outlet

http://www.2016rboutlet-online.top
http://www.rbwayfarersale.top
http://www.rboutlet-online.top

Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Store
Ray Ban 8301 sale
cheap Ray Ban sunglasses
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 11:14 , Processed in 0.109731 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表