帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-7-26 18:25:45 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
I'll KO Roy again

IBO Light Heavyweight Champion Antonio Tarver looks out to the audience throughout a press conference AP

(Press Release )It's been almost 25 years or so since Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones Jr. crossed paths the very first time, and from other first fight as 13 year-old amateurs, they are indelibly linked in the minds of boxing fans and every other. But on Saturday, October 1st, in the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, oakley sunglasses outlet Florida, this journey wraps up, as the two premier light heavyweights with this era meet to the third time for it to determine who the highest fighter truly is.

"I have to commend Roy Jones for finding its way back and saying "I want Antonio Tarver, I would like the best," said light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver. "He would have had the opportunity to come up and fight a person to pad his record or maybe to get fans excited, but he really wants to come to the mountaintop to try and knock the king off."

Inside their first battle, on November 8, 2003, Jones won a hard fought decision over Tarver inside a stirring 12 rounder; it was a verdict which split many boxing fans. However in their May 15, 2004 rematch, Tarver got revenge using a stirring second round knockout which was preceded through the now legendary pre fight comment by "The Magic Man", "You got any excuses tonight, Roy?" On October 1st, within a bout to be televised survive HBO Ppv (9pm ET / 6pm PT), you will have "No knockoff oakleys Excuses", and that's just the way Tarver wants it. "Roy is here up and said here it is, this is any nothing." And that's what makes this fight interesting," said Tarver. "It's no excuses. After October 1st, it will likely be what it is going to be."

And in spite of the decisive nature from the rematch result, Tarver is treating this fight and his awesome opponent using the respect they deserve, because throughout boxing history there has been countless types of great fighters still having one great oakley sunglasses outlet performance left included. "I'm not gonna sit here and tell discount oakley sunglasses outlet cheap you that I'm going in here and that i can expect a knockout," said Tarver. "When I caught Roy, it was just one of those perfect punches that would have knocked anyone out. He or she is one of the record greats within this sport, using this program . training as such. On October 1st, I'm looking to face a leading Roy Jones at his best; I won't let up mentally in training one bit."

Tarver's longtime trainer Buddy McGirt agrees.

"Our focus is apparent in this fight, and my only worry is keeping Antonio Out from the gym," said McGirt. "As soon simply because this fight was mentioned, Antonio i began taking care of our plan, and we're ready for toughest camp ever. Roy Jones Jr. is often a dangerous fighter and also to overlook him can be foolish." And even though Jones was a no show with the recent press conferences to officially announce this eagerly anticipated bout, Tarver doesn't see these absences as a sign of disrespect. To him, it's a sign that Jones is get yourself ready for the fight of his life. "Everyone knows I would not mind speaking with the media and being the center of attention," laughs Tarver. "I enjoy it, and its portion of being a superstar in this game. In order to me, Roy not showing up at the press conferences is a great thing given it shows me that he's taking this fight very seriously, and that he is bringing his 'A' game on October 1st. He's gonna demand it, because I'm doing the identical."

Roy Jones Jr.

"I know during my gut that Roy is training as hard, otherwise harder, than he ever has," said DeGuardia. "He has a warrior's spirit, and it is been tough for him to deal with losing to Antonio. The fact Roy is already in camp, understanding that Antonio is already training with the intensity of a person who continues to itch for the fight with Roy Jones Jr. means this fight on October 1st will likely be one of the most memorable we have seen." Ultimately, for Tarver, his dedication to training also to winning the rubber match against Jones impressively is dependant on one word   respect. He wants it by proving for good that the top light heavyweight of the era will be the Magic Man".

"My motivation is the fact that that I feel respect was not given to me, which people have not seriously crowned me like a superstar within this game of boxing," said Tarver. "So I have to stay motivated, and that i got to stay hungry. On October 1st, it'll be the end of one legend as well as the beginning of another."

3 Oct 2005 17:48The mic was turned over to winner of the fight and Antonio Tarver began by tipping his hat to Roy Jones Jr. "A large amount of the news media and experts are already saying that he is a shot fighter, but I'm glad Some listen and i also worked my butt off. You saw the most effective Roy Jones tonight that you have seen in the very last ten years and any fighter he faced within the last ten years, he'd have certainly beaten tonight but he just cannot beat the champ, orlando Man. find out more .

2 Oct 2005 13:46

Jones: I'll be back!

"I'll be back," promised Roy Jones Jr. "I got hurt once and that was the turning point of the fight. He struck me with a good shot. But I kept coming. Can't who else beat me but Tarver. I'm a true champion. I've been at the top. Is the champion that we're, it was good. I had been satisfied with my performance, on the other hand do know that I lost your struggle. read more .

22 Sep 2005 15:18

Merk: Roy Motivated again!

Initially in over 10 years, Roy Jones Jr. is training regarding his father Roy Jones Sr. Additionally, Roy continues training with longtime trainer Alton Merkerson, who says he has no problem sharing duties with "Big Roy." Coach Merk said Roy is currently sparring with Kippy Warren and Derrick Harmon, and is highly motivated with this fight, which was not the case since a proposed fight with Mike Tyson fell through and Jones returned to the light heavyweight division read more .

28 Jul 2005 14:00

Tarver Jones III on Oct 1st!

"It's done," announced promoter Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing to FightNews. "I am glad to say that both parties have signed off and Antonio Tarver will see Roy Jones Jr. on October 1st." DeGuardia, the promoter of Tarver, received the signed ray ban outlet contracts from Jones on Wednesday morning. "It is going to be parity, fifty fifty. Tarver certainly feels he should get more, however fight goes past money. Both Tarver and Jones are true warriors and they also want to see that is the best. This fight can happen because both fighters have an overwhelmingly continue reading .

oakley holbrook
cheap ray ban aviators
ray ban uk

http://www.cheapoakleyholbrook.top
http://www.rbsunglassessaleuk.top
http://www.cheapoaksunglasseswholesale.top

cheap ray ban sunglasses uk
ray ban outlet online
oakley sunglasses cheap
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

Archiver|手机版|翔迷社区[FlyFan Forum]  

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 04:48 , Processed in 0.087322 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表